Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Comments on this stud 8 hand?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (15.38 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

5th Street - (12.19 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (15.19 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (18.19 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (18.19 BB)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get in on this mess on third. Gut instinct said aces when he reraised the J. I thought about it for awhile and decided to plunge in b/c of my ace kicker. Anyone go for a check raise again on 5th? I thought about folding 5th but decided to call it down because of the size of the pot.

No reads as I just sat down, but he turned out to be super LAG. He's raised a completion twice with 278 2suited in the last 10 hands alone, and has stayed in to fifth about 50-75% of the time.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Comments on this stud 8 hand?

DO NOT PLAY: KKA. almost no scooping possiblity. Fold on 3rd dude.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:09 AM

You are wildly wrong.
A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] scoops HU against 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] more often. Against 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KK will scoop almost twice as often.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT PLAY: KKA. almost no scooping possiblity. Fold on 3rd dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean do not play it in this specific hand. KKA has huge value in stud/8, especially if you can get it heads up early as often the low will not make the low and you will scoop high only. With no reads I fold this on 3rd though, no point getting involved in a big multi-way pot with a high only.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 AM

Not sure how you check raise on 5th when its bet to you!

I call it down too having got to 5th and hope to hit 2 pair by the river, although seat 1's betting is puzzling. With seat 1 to act behind you it could be expensive but his calling down on 4th suggests he will not raise 5th.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:14 AM

I fold on 3rd with this one. Good raise though as you were able to get heads up with the presumed lows. Good raise on 4th as well, I would play it the same after 4th as you are pretty much committed to this hand. I don't like to play high pairs in hi/lo as I have a tendency to overplay them, particularly aces.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:29 PM

You've got a monster usually BRL, but I think this is going to be one of those situations where you *might* be ahead, but you are definitely at a playing disadvantage. You are going to be in the dark in this whole hand, and once you see fifth you stuck until the end. Fold this one on third and wait for a better chance.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are wildly wrong.
A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] scoops HU against 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] more often. Against 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KK will scoop almost twice as often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this heads up? Or are there 4 people in the pot infront of hero, 3 already showing strength?