Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: AK in a tough spot

60 hands is nothing. You have position. Cappuccino.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:54 PM

Hi Shant, Zen,

when I said "drawing hand" what I meant was if we assume the other guy has a high pock pair (although we're not sure how tight he is or what his range is exactly) then some of our outs could be gone and we might not have good odds if we don't hit the flop. I guess I am reading too much into the read of this guy as "tight." Tight doesn't mean AA or KK only, plus it could be an isolation raise so I think a cap is good, then see what the flop brings.

And this is why I came to this forum, to learn stuff--let me ask you a question in return--if you had QQ instead of AK would you have fewer doubts about capping or are they both auto-caps? What about TT or JJ?

Thanks
BBB
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 PM

I didn't say I'd cap here, and I'm actually confused about the right play. 60 hands is little so this read is tought to judge on. That's why I mine so I know more about players when I get into a situation like this. QQ is a no brainer cap here, and TT is close too. If this read was over, say 300 hands, I'd say you could fold AKo pretty easily here, as well as TT.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:36 PM

Easiest cap ever.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:38 PM

*grunch*

I would definately raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 PM

:grunch:

Given UTG's short stack, I think we can pretty much ignore his raise - he's tired of playing and wants to use up the last of his money on this hand, one way or another.

So, I play this like I would play AK with a single raise in front of me - reraise, or in this case, cap and make sure you get position by driving out the button (who now has to call 4 cold)
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In 60 hands MP2 has definitely been dealt hands I raise from any position

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've had 200+ hand stretches in a single session where I was only dealt 6 hands even worth limping in with, never mind raising (I think I raised one of them, iirc)... For better or worse, you tend to remember those kinds of cold decks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So, no raises in 60 hands doesn't tell me anything.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:11 PM

I'm capping that baby. AK is a good HU hand, you have position, and it looks like you are going to be building a side pot with MP2.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:37 PM

i just played a similar hand and capped. flopped my king and got paid of handsomely. CAP with position.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM

Yes 60 hands is a small sample--but his VPIP is around 20. This guy puts plenty 'o $$ in yet hasn't found a raise in the 60 hands he's been dealt and he has in all likelihood been dealt hands you included in your sample range. Your equity pre-flop is less than the 50% you are putting into the pot (remember, we are ignoring the PF limper like you said). Are you likely to make up those bets on other streets after 3-betting flop. Not to mention the times you go to war when an A or K hits and you are drawing nearly dead against AA and KK and you lose. If this is not a CLEAR fold, then it is VERY close. I am sure I am wrong, so please tell me where.