Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Peace of mind. (Low Content)

I am compelled to post this hand to get it off my mind.

Villain is 41/22/1.6 over 170 hands.

It should be quite obvious from my choice to post this that my laggy friend held the nut straight, but do not let that cloud your thinking. Was my play reasonable?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Jeff is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Jeff calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Jeff checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Jeff calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Jeff bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Jeff calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Jeff bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Jeff calls.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Peace of mind. (Low Content)

I would checkraise the river and call a 3bet. And it's not because you save a bet when you're behind.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:35 PM

I think it's either bet/call or check/call on the river there, Captain Aggressive. I think bet/call is the best option for thos times that we're ahead and he's going to check behind.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 PM

Yes its reasonable in my book. Nice hand, bad beat.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 PM

sans bitter post, i still think you overplayed your hand. thats a scary board, and hes not capping the turn and the river without the nuuuts. fwiw i probably would have only been able to save a BB.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's either bet/call or check/call on the river there, Captain Aggressive. I think bet/call is the best option for thos times that we're ahead and he's going to check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/calling that river is horrible.

Jeff: what about check-raising and calling a 3bet on the river?

It's either that, bet-call, or bet-3bet in my book.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 PM

I'm not a high enough player to realize the subleties of 30/60, nor do I have a read on this player (who is player a lot of hands apparently).

However, why would you defend your blind here with T9o? Maybe I'm just too low to understand defending here with this. Should I be? I know I'm normally folding it here. He's not exactly in a steal position and my hand can be hard to play after the flop OOP.

Maybe the enlightened mid/high stakes players can come down and share some tidbits more often. I'd honestly like to understand your pre-flop reasoning here.

rest of hand, tough, you really dont know you're toast until he 4-bets you on the river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff: what about check-raising and calling a 3bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

In retrospect, this is the line I should have taken. I underestimate LAG's ability to hand-read. KQ and KJ are probably slowing down to a river bet-3bet, but I obviously get capped by AT and probably the big sets at least some of the time.

Oh well, easy come, easy go.