Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 05:04 AM

Default I\'ve got short stack survival down.Now what?

I've made the final table 5 out of my last 7 100+ entry live tourneys and I'm squeaking into the money roughly 2 out of 3 low buy-ins online.All with a pathetic short stack everytime.While I realize this isn't a bad skill to have,how do I get past this?It seems like those that outlast me are making more risky plays and gambling a bit more,especially in the live games.Is this what it takes or am I missing something?
Old 11-15-2004, 05:22 AM

Default Re: I\'ve got short stack survival down.Now what?

Well...a lot of players like to take these gambles mid tournament, mainly because to make the top prize money you have to take a few gambles. It usually takes winning a few races to make it to the final table.

While these tournies are all about survival, they are also about building a nice stack. The larger the stack you have around bubble time, the more you can take gambles on races. And that is a good time to build your stack. I'm not suggesting you start pushing every pocket pair you have, I'm merely saying that to make the big money, you do have to take some risks.