Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Bellagio ME hand #2

I think this is an easy call. I think you are beating yourself up too much about the result. The flop play is more interesting post that. Calling is the only play IMO.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:24 PM

defining his hand means nothing if it lets him play perfectly. All you are doing is letting him fold worse hands and continue on with better ones and its costing you a large percentage of your stack to do so.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
defining his hand means nothing if it lets him play perfectly. All you are doing is letting him fold worse hands and continue on with better ones and its costing you a large percentage of your stack to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. im pretty much convinced. call. whats the line on the flop then? keep the pot small as possible unless hit a set?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:43 PM

by not reraising isnt that letting him win all the flops that come tenless, and letting him break me on the 2-2-2 flop if he wants to ?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:47 PM

Just call and play poker, not sure what type of advice your looking for here. A push seems pretty bad unless he's folding better hands, a reraise seems bad because then he can play for your stack preflop if he wants to and felting it w tt is probably not good spot for you. A call seems good because you have implied odds to flop a set plus the added bonus that you can...................

play poker on the flop!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 PM

Call because of the odds, and do so without looking like you are going to hurl on the table because you know you are in a world of hurt post-flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:19 PM

What MLG said is what I tried to say earlier about reraising to 12k. By calling him you give him the chance to overplay an AK or medium pair that you already have beat. It's not utterly hopeless on the flop either. I think you have an overpair like 45% of the time. And can put him to the test on flops w/ Jacks or Queens by leading or check raising etc...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:19 PM

Default RESULTS : Bellagio ME hand #2

after busting out at the very end of day 2, I obv went back thru the hands I felt like I could have played better and beat myself up over them, saying what if I played better...

this hand I called Bens reraise feeling my hand was best, which doesnt seem right...to call with the best hand.

the flop came QJ2 rainbow, I checked he bet 7k and I folded...
Old 12-14-2005, 09:15 PM

One more vote for call and play poker.

What's your image in the last two hours. Is 4x your standard raise in this position?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:38 AM

I think u need to be able to tell us a quick range u put him on during the hand...if u didnt put him on a range then I think u should start doing that during hands. My initial reaction is make it 20K and fold to a push if u think TT beats his range...if U think TT is behind his range then call, and look into his soul on the flop.