Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 AM

Default live vegas 3/6, KK vs. 4 limpers???

just wanted to see if i could get some alternative lines here.

was actually a tougher table then i'm used to at a live 3/6 was at the Aladdin Monday morning at 10a.m. and there were quite a few locals...

reads on players at this point:
utg= really only donk at the table, limped with any 2 suited from practically any position or any k/A from any position
utg+1= solid player, usually being laid odds if he chases nothing too eye catching
co= solid/aggressive
button= fairly loose preflop/aggressive post flop

hero is in big blind with k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], k [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

preflop: utg calls, utg+1 calls, 3 folds, co calls, button calls, sb folds, hero checks???
(5 small bets)
flop: k [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero bets, utg calls, utg+1 calls, co folds, button calls
(4.5 big bets)
turn come: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero bets, utg calls, utg+1 raises, button folds, hero reraises, utg folds, utg+1 calls
(11.5 big bets)
river comes: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
hero bets, utg+1 reraises, hero calls

final pot: 15.5 big bets

utg+1 turns over 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero cries

was a pretty brutal run i was on up to this point and this kinda capped the morning off for me...

any thoughts on better actions i could've taken... i flat called preflop because i didn't want to warrant calls like this by building a huge pot... maybe on flop? check hoping someone bet around back and then checkraise sending it back around for two??? seemed way too fancy at the time...
Old 12-14-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: live vegas 3/6, KK vs. 4 limpers???

[ QUOTE ]
i flat called preflop because i didn't want to warrant calls like this by building a huge pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

You already know everyone here is going to beat you silly for not raising preflop.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:31 AM

yes yes i do... lol
Old 12-14-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hero is in big blind with k , k

preflop: utg calls, utg+1 calls, 3 folds, co calls, button calls, sb folds, hero checks???

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very very bad

i understand what you are saying about keeping the pot small to avoid people drawing out correctly, but your equity edge is too [censored] huge here to give it up, with a hand like AJo i like a check for the reasons you stated, but checking KK is giving up WAY too much

edit: i think postflop is fine
Old 12-14-2005, 02:36 AM

thanks for the input... i thought the play was very very bad myself, like i said i was on an awful run (just plain cardwise, not too many dumb maneuvers prior to this one)

but looking past my horrendous check, betting out right here or go for the check raise given the two post flop aggressives in co and button?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:38 AM

i like just betting out, id play everything postflop exactly the same
Old 12-14-2005, 02:49 AM

In general, I think in at least 90% of situations where you hit a strong hand on the flop in early position in an unraised, multiway pot it is far better to bet out than to check-raise.

That is very much the case here.

Other than letting your IQ drop to 8 for half a second and not raising pre-flop, you played the hand perfectly.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:02 AM

lmao, you know an iq of 70 is considered mentally retarded right??

i would like to thank 2+2 forum for making sure i never again limp/check with premium pairs, despite how bad of a run i'm on, or how small of a pot i want to play w/ several limpers...
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao, you know an iq of 70 is considered mentally retarded right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed... my selection of 8 should therefore give some sense of how stupid I think not raising KK pre-flop is... ever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 05:44 AM

Raise pf. You have a big edge. Don't cry. Say "nice hand" and focus on playing solid poker.