Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: What about a 2+2 \"league\" for WSOP 2006 seats?

[ QUOTE ]
Dave D, I don't think your idea is bad at all, but my only concern would be getting enough 2+2 people to play $100 events each week. If we get 30 2+2er's and 400 other people, what's really the point?

You can find sats to the WSOP all over the place. I was just thinking a "league" or leaderboard type thing for 2+2er's only would be really cool. Almost like having our own little tour, with WSOP seats on the line at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a fair amount of 2+2ers wouldn't bother with the leaderboard at the end of the year because they've already qualified in other ways. Maybe I'm giving us too much credit tho [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It's not a bad idea to just keep track of who won. Reasons to hold our own tourney, even if its largely (or even mostly) not 2+2ers and/or why our tourney is different than other tourneys out there:

1. Don't give out cash, only seats. Ie no winning twice, and keep people out who have won already. I think we'd probably write that somewhere so everyone sees it. That means *at the least* you can't win in this tournament twice . I suppose people who haven't won our tourney would play it, and still play other tourneys, but at the least we'd have mostly people who haven't won a seat yet. I don't know if it's possible to literally ban people who have already won, but at the least we could just not pay them, and pay the next person instead. I think a fair amount of people who play WSOP stuff are doing it just hoping for a cash prize. $12k is a pretty good prize, especially when you can get it for 8th place or whatever. This cuts those people out.

2. I was saying in my original post. Keep the buy in relativly low while still having a good payout. $100 is (I think?) 40% of what party and all them usually make the buy in if I remember. Determining our own payout/tourney structure is important.

3. Knowing much of the field is 2+2ers. Knowing they're mostly (?) good players. Other tourneys don't really have this.

I just think making a weekly tourney that only costs $100 to enter but is very feasable to do well in has an appeal in itself. The other tourneys cost at least twice as much, and have bigger fields.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:20 PM

i still think it should be a league type of idea w/ a tlb system

also, it should be 2+2 only. i think part of the point is to have a 2+2er to root for, etc

another idea is, if it goes the way of top 10 tlb ppl fighting for the seat, winner gets the seat and the other 9 get 1% of the wsop action? something like that? just a thought so everyone gets a little something (or at least has an invested interest in the winner!)
Old 10-14-2005, 04:40 PM

I'd be interested as long as we keep it in the 50$ and under area. I got better things to do with my money than lose it to the sharks here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM

good idea dm, on everyone at the FT getting a piece of the player.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:04 PM

Some quick math....

1 tourney per week, prizes split amongst say.... top 4 or so players. 50% of buy in taken each week (this is a hurdle for the site, trust me! Most sites will not want to hold money for you, in fact I don't know of any that would) If a site wouldnt you could make it a $10 buy and $10 to get the password and have an account solely for WSOP funds.

So 28 weeks...
Average 50 players per week = $500 in prizes each week, $500 into WSOP pool

$500 x 28 = $14,000 in WSOP Dollars to be split amongst top 3 or 4.

Jack the entry up to $15 and $15 and the pool rises to $21,000 (much better in my opinion)

I would be happy to host the leaderboard on my web space and start to help KK get things in motion with Pokerstars to do this. I can set up an independent playing account soley for the WSOP funds as well and give 1 other persos access to it if I am not around on a tourney day.

Run a variety of tournies and count top 15 towards final score using a modified TLB system. The one plus that sending it to a WSOP account would bring is that we would be paying less vig on a $15 MTT than a $30 in which half is withheld, so we are building the prize pool quicker.

Is this what you are thinking of KK?
~Justin
Old 10-14-2005, 06:10 PM

Sounds like fun. I'm ready.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:31 PM

that sounds excellent. one other thing is i think you should try to have the league finished up around 2 months prior to the ME. that way you don't have 6 out of the 10 ppl having already won seats.