Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: JJ vs TAG OOP

I think I made a mistake in calling the turn instead of raising. I did just call the river bet and probably would've raised a blank (no club or 8). In this case I called the river. In this hand I was really trying to narrow down what TAG could've called with pf. I was really putting him on overs here (for some reason I didn't think of small pp as a possibility but certainly should've). I thought he might've had something like QJ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:00 PM

I actually didn't see villain playing trip 3's this way especially since the only conceivable hand he would've called pf would've been A3s.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:04 PM

This villian could easily be playing 99 or TT, even 77 similarily. Call the river.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:09 PM

Call down. I do think we can find a raise here somewhere, as again the best PP's most likely 3bet us PF and I think we are ahead more than behind here.

And some people have mentioned trip 3's being a possibility but many people who are raised on the flop with trips would go for a turn c/r in this hand or sng the flop/turn with trips, not wanting to slow hero down quite yet.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call down. I do think we can find a raise here somewhere, as again the best PP's most likely 3bet us PF and I think we are ahead more than behind here.

And some people have mentioned trip 3's being a possibility but many people who are raised on the flop with trips would go for a turn c/r in this hand or sng the flop/turn with trips, not wanting to slow hero down quite yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant that if a club hits you're going to be afraid to raise the river and he might not bet. I think he has an 8 or a hand like 99 or 1010 most of the time here and I want to get another bet in, and I think the turn is best.

I think it is quite possible that he would play a 3 this way, a lot of players fast play these hands. However it is unlikely he does and if he did call an UTG raise with A3 suited, good for him he'll eventually give you your money back.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:23 PM

If I had to hazard a guess here, I'd put him on a nut flush or near-nut flush draw - something like AX or KX of clubs. It explains (to me, anyway) the pre-flop limp, the post-flop 3-bet when he gets 2 more clubs, and the river bet even after he misses - unless you have a pocket pair or trips, he's got a great kicker for the two pair on the board.

Regardless of what I think he has, though, I'm calling the river bet. The pot's too big to just let go without knowing for absolutely sure that you're beat.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:29 PM

Going to go play video games (EV=0)so just thought I'd let you know villain had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. It was one hand I really didn't see but should've given him credit for having in his range of hands. However, I don't feel too bad about how I played this now except I should've raised the turn and called the river.