Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 08:04 PM

Default 5-10 Live NL K-K facing flop raise

5/10 live no-limit, I have about 1800.

I am UTG and raise to 50 with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG +1 ($850) calls. Villian has been fairly LAG when he has position, and has shown a bluff out of the big blind, but he hasn't done anything outrageous.

Flop: ($115) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $80. Villian raises to $200. I think I'm ahead. I'm confident Villian would have re-raised A-A UTG+1. While 9-9 is not out of the question, I estimate that 10-10, J-J, Q-Q or two high diamonds is more likely. A bluff is also possible.

Villian has $450 left after his raise. What's the best plan - push the flop, call and push a blank turn, or try for a C/R on a blank turn? If you call, what is your plan if a diamond hits on the turn?

Thanks!
LK
Old 07-12-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: 5-10 Live NL K-K facing flop raise

Because the board is so draw heavy and his stack size I like a flop push here. TT-QQ will squeeze out a call with the idea that you could be on A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], also if he holds two high diamonds he also may have a straight draw and will most likely call an all in.

If you call and a diamond falls I think you can check/fold most times and be +EV.

Stop and go looks better if he were deeper, IMO.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: 5-10 Live NL K-K facing flop raise

the pot is $515 after you call his raise and he has $450 left, there is no other play than to put him in on the flop....