Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Avoiding tells in live tournaments

I don't wait until it is my turn to look at my cards. I know a lot of pros do that in major tournaments, but the cost/benefits don't seem worth it in the tournaments I play in.

Could you go in to your thinking here?

Seems most of the people disagree with this, but I don't wait myself. In fact, I'm so quick, looking at each card as soon as it hits the felt, most people don't even know I've looked yet. Then I get to spend the rest of the time looking at everyone else looking at their cards.

-Scott
Old 11-25-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Avoiding tells in live tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so quick, looking at each card as soon as it hits the felt, most people don't even know I've looked yet. Then I get to spend the rest of the time looking at everyone else looking at their cards.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still do this if you just wait til it's your turn. The only argument I can see for your method is that nobody gets to look at you while you look. However, I think your betting action here is much more significant than any tells you can give off, and it's pretty easy to mask preflop tells by taking the same amount of time to look and having a plan about what to do with different hand ranges.