Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. You said he was 15/15/0.5.

I think you're drawing pretty big conclusions from just three hands you've seen him raise preflop.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. You said he was 15/15/0.5.

I think you're drawing pretty big conclusions from just three hands you've seen him raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the actual hands he played in, but the stats are indicative, not causal of my read. Let's pretend I saw him play 100 hands.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are interesting because I knew the general consensus would be "fold pf" with a few people agreeing the postflop play was right, others not. When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding. I'm not giving up A10 against this player, you can do what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's raised 3 hands out of 20, and you have seen none of them. You have no idea if he is raising marginal hands or if he caught 3 good hands and the board came single suited in one he didn't have. You have no idea and are very very wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

In an earlier post today, everyone was agreeing that pocket nines were a good hand to 3bet isolate a tight utg raiser. Now that is a clearly wrong play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong here.

[ QUOTE ]

These plays are marginal PF, but not clearly bad against the given opponents. They are also the perfect opponents to run semibluffs on, since they don't go to showdown without the goods, and are not aggressive. Learn a thing or two, and take a moment to think about these things, before spouting off what the herd seems to think at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are basing your decisions on very small samples. I'm sure I look tight-passive over a 20 hand stretch, but my overall aggression factor is in the high 2s. You are also a condesending ass.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These hands are interesting because I knew the general consensus would be "fold pf" with a few people agreeing the postflop play was right, others not. When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding. I'm not giving up A10 against this player, you can do what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's raised 3 hands out of 20, and you have seen none of them. You have no idea if he is raising marginal hands or if he caught 3 good hands and the board came single suited in one he didn't have. You have no idea and are very very wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

In an earlier post today, everyone was agreeing that pocket nines were a good hand to 3bet isolate a tight utg raiser. Now that is a clearly wrong play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong here.

[ QUOTE ]

These plays are marginal PF, but not clearly bad against the given opponents. They are also the perfect opponents to run semibluffs on, since they don't go to showdown without the goods, and are not aggressive. Learn a thing or two, and take a moment to think about these things, before spouting off what the herd seems to think at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are basing your decisions on very small samples. I'm sure I look tight-passive over a 20 hand stretch, but my overall aggression factor is in the high 2s. You are also a condesending ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said to Nick C., these reads came from watching the players, not checking their stats (though those supported my reads). If you're unable to get a decent read on a player (granted, such small samples can _sometimes_ be way off, but if you're experienced and a good reader, can be very beneficial) after 20 hands, you need to work on that. As far as condescending asses go, I'm not the one calling names in a post I've contributed nothing to.

If someone thinks plays like these are wrong against the specific type of opponent I think I'm dealing with, please do tell. But posting one line "Fold PF" and "not enough hands!!!" posts, and calling me an ass aren't very helpful to anyone. Perhaps my reads are off, but I think this post is interesting because of these reads.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:59 PM

Reged: 02/01/05
Loc: At the window into your soul
Old 08-15-2005, 08:05 PM

Old 08-15-2005, 08:08 PM

Ok, I guess we'll do this.

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are interesting because I knew the general consensus would be "fold pf"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you wonder why that's the general consensus?

[ QUOTE ]
When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding. I'm not giving up A10 against this player, you can do what you want. The flop play should then seem pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

15/5 and he's raised every hand he's entered the pot with? Howbout no. How is he playing too many marginal hands??? Not to mention this is after only 20 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
My implied odds are very good here, and I have position on the raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

True you have position on the raiser, as in, you act after him. But, your relative position is terrible. You'll be acting directly after the PFR so you wont be able to build big pots or take free cards or get paid off when you hit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's the right play and what does that have to do with anything you did?
Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I guess we'll do this.

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are interesting because I knew the general consensus would be "fold pf"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you wonder why that's the general consensus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read bottom

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding. I'm not giving up A10 against this player, you can do what you want. The flop play should then seem pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

15/5 and he's raised every hand he's entered the pot with? Howbout no. How is he playing too many marginal hands??? Not to mention this is after only 20 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
My implied odds are very good here, and I have position on the raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

True you have position on the raiser, as in, you act after him. But, your relative position is terrible. You'll be acting directly after the PFR so you wont be able to build big pots or take free cards or get paid off when you hit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's the right play and what does that have to do with anything you did?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier in this post, people here are way too tight in the wrong places, and too loose in the wrong places. These hands are decent examples of loosening up when it is correct to do so, and the pocket nines example was a clear example of being too loose in the wrong place. Hopefully some people found something interesting here, /thread on my part.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:20 PM

You might be the best player ever.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 PM

This will be my last post in this thread. Not one person as agreed with your preflop play, yet you still feel it is correct. If you thought you were correct and refuse to change this believe, why post the hands? Are you trying to educate us? If that is the case, please stop trying to do this. Is is apparent from you post that you are in no position to play the role of educator. That is all.