Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Multi-tabling the 7 Stud Tables (Speeding the Learning Curve)

Like I said in a post yesterday, I'm looking to adding 7 Stud to the games I play. How many tables can I play simulatenously while learning the game to expedite the lc?

If it matters I can / do play 4-6 tables of HE.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Multi-tabling the 7 Stud Tables (Speeding the Learning Curve)

I play 2 if they are good. The thing is - unlike hold em where you can autopilot a lot of hands there is much more information to keep track of that changes the optimal play. What I did when I was learning was played 1 table stud till I got a grasp for the game then 1 stud and 2 holdem as I was more comfortable and now that I am experimenting at a new limit I will play 2 tables 1 stud and one of whatever is the best table I can find.

Also - remember that a good stud player has a comparatively bigger advantage over average opposition then a good hold em player, so while your tables may go down your win rate most likely will not once you learn the game.

Hope this all makes sense.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Multi-tabling the 7 Stud Tables (Speeding the Learning Curve)

It is probably better to play fewer tables when learning.

You might get away with more tables (2 or 3) if you are playing a very tight structure (party 5/10-20/40).

But if you a playing lower you have 2 problems with multi-tabling

1. You should play more hands because the ante will be higher. This will increase the frequency of having multiple hands going at the same time (instead of having folded all the other hands)

2. The lower limit you play the more people that play each pot. This means there will be more info to keep track of. Playing 2 heads up hands simulanteously is alot harder than playing 2 5 way hands at the same time.

Also remember that the more time you have per decision the better you decisions should be. And at the beginning you will probably want time to make some decisions that will become "auto pilot" plays later.