Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 05:39 PM

Default $30/$60 - chip spewing in blind v. blind

No reads on opponent. Had a VPIP of 25 at the time after only 100 hands; nothing else stood out. Not interested in any street but the turn.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 05-21-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: $30/$60 - chip spewing in blind v. blind

Dont love it, but dont hate it. You are getting 7:1 he folds a better hand assuming you are behind here, which si certainly the case the majority of the time. Some of the time you are getting value c ause your pair is good, and the rest of the time you have 9 outs at most.

It's not terrible. The alternative isnt fun either, call the turn and river unimproved...so hey, I think it's fine.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:05 PM

Whoa. I had this whole paragraph written about why the turn 3-bet sucks, and then I realized it's great. Nice hand.

Will
Old 05-21-2005, 09:59 PM

Whats the move on the river if you don't improve to the straight? After 3-betting, I'm guessing you have to value bet the pair on the river. The only reason why I hate 3-betting was beacuse you were out of position. If BB flopped a K with a flush draw I don't think he'll fold this heads up.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the move on the river if you don't improve to the straight? After 3-betting, I'm guessing you have to value bet the pair on the river. The only reason why I hate 3-betting was beacuse you were out of position. If BB flopped a K with a flush draw I don't think he'll fold this heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY
Old 05-21-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? to both posts
Old 05-22-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons to 3-bet is so I don't have to put in money on the river (I have position on my opponent here).

I don't expect him to fold a better hand very often; it's certainly not the main justification for reraising.