Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 AM

Default limit autorate rules - new discussion on BTP

Hello everyone,

There is a very interesting thread/post at the Bet the Pot forum regarding autorate rules for low-limit ring games.

bet the pot - dicussion redarding autorate rules

The approach is particularly interesting as there is a lot of effort (by Tiburion41) put into analyzing average low-limit players (although ideally i would like to see the results using larger sample sizes).

Instead of simply using previously established rules, there is a push to first examine the tendencies of population of low-limit players and subsequently how best to divide it into meaningful groups. A number of the resulting categories are quite a bit different from the classic bisonbison type approach.

Although, interestingly enough, much of his analyses supports the cut-off numbers bison used to create his rules (e.g., average aggression and vol put $ in pot).

I am not saying i completely aggree with the resulting set of rules/classification created thus far. i am however seriously re-examining my own autorate rules with an emphasis on better teasing about my poor playing opponents with meaningful ratings.

I am very interesting in some 2+2 opinions on this matter. I only recently acquired PT, thus perhaps the subject of thes post has already been previously discussed (although i have thouroughly read bison's seminal work on autorate rules).

cheers,
the Real Macoy

ps. my particular focus is the application of said autorate rules to low-limit games