Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 AM

Default click on the first post in a thread....

and end up at a webpage for a reply half way down the thread. I was very confused at first. This is annoying. Thanks for this "forum suggestions" forum though; good idea.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: click on the first post in a thread....

Still having this problem, so...

BUMP.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:07 AM

You're talking about clicking the subject of a thread to view it, right?

Before the upgrade, clicking a thread subject took you to the first post in a thread if you were viewing in threaded mode. This changed when the upgraded software went up. Now you are taken to the first unread post (according to the system) when you open a thread by selecting its subject.

People who were already using flat mode before the upgrade generally weren't bothered by this change. As far as I know, jumping to the first unread post was already the way they had been viewing the forums.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 PM

This might definately be it. I have this set on threaded mode and want to view the original post sometimes before I go look at the new replies, especially if I haven't been online for a bit.

Is there a way to change it so that it does not go to the first unread post, but goes to the one I click on?

Also, thanks very much for your help.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might definately be it. I have this set on threaded mode and want to view the original post sometimes before I go look at the new replies, especially if I haven't been online for a bit.

Is there a way to change it so that it does not go to the first unread post, but goes to the one I click on?

[/ QUOTE ]

As of right now, there's no way you can do this. Unless I'm wrong, the only time the subject link takes you to the originial post is when all the posts in the thread are marked as "read."

Many people like flat mode better. You may want to consider trying it if you decide that you can't live with the current threaded mode.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:29 PM

I was using flat mode before the upgrade and I have been bothered by this change. The problem is that the system is often wrong about what the first unread post is. If this actually worked as designed, it would be okay. Taking me to the first unread post is actually pretty useful when it works. The problem is often I click on a thread that I have never opened before and it drops me into the middle of the thread. That is annoying.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that the system is often wrong about what the first unread post is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I left a short comment about that previously in this thread: "(according to the system)"

As noted in Chuck's sticky, new software is being considered.