Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Sudoku, jazz, and not knowing what went wrong last game

I get very frusterated with a losing "session." Currently I am playing NLHE and limit stud hi/lo sit-n-gos on Party. Whenever I lose, I always feel frusterated and wonder what I did wrong or if it really was the right move or if I could have done it different and so on and so on.

Poker is the one game where I am just never sure if I did everything I could, and that always has and I htink always will bother me. I (after like 6 months of not playing for this reason) am able to not let that bother affect my attitude and my play, but I still worry about each game, unless I win.

So to relax, if I need to, I started playing sudoku and listening to jazz. (I can't concentrate if I listen to music while I play, and my artistic side has really taken a back seat since I started poker.) This is REALLY relaxing. There's no money involved, I know I am doing just fine each step of the way, and I also get to really be immersed in good music. Normally, if I am listening to music, it's classical, but I think that's a little too structered after playing poker and while playing sudoku.

I'm also eating right and exercising every day. And getting enough sleep is the biggest factor of them all in my overall happiness. I have time to hang out and be social with good people. And I am getting that much closer to actually graduating.

Ahhh, life is finally coming together. It's about damn time!

Comments, thoughts? What do you all do to enhance your lives or to relax after a poker session, win or lose?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Sudoku, jazz, and not knowing what went wrong last game

Nice post. I'll try that sudoku + music thing after frustrating sessions.