Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 11:54 PM

Default OESD oop

1/2 6max

No idea how to play these draws oop. My other option was leading the flop.

I was getting about 9 or 10-1 on the river and bet in hope of folding Ax, any good?

UTG calls, MP raises, Button calls, Hero calls in BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets, Button calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, MP calls, Button folds.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets...
Old 10-28-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: OESD oop

Draws can be tricky to play OOP. I generally like to donk into the pfr when I have an overcard or 2 that might be good if it hits. When the pfr raises, he will usually thin the field for me making it more likely I'll win the pot if I hit the overcard.

I think your river bet is fine as he is likely to have two overcards
Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 AM

From my exp at 1/2 short:

Bet if they're passive, check if they're a bit aggro since A6, A5, and A4 (etc etc) are betting. Just call. Semi-bluffing oesn't work that well at 1/2, especially OOP. WP this would be good because you get to check behind on the UI turn and probably raise + over callers on the improved river; folding UI.

What value do you give your hand that makes betting the turn correct? You're definitely not folding a better hand. Does this guy fold the T UI fairly often?

Anyway.

Betting the river is also not that good. I just don't see you folding out a better hand nor do I see a worse hand calling. I just think A high is calling here almost every time. His play makes him look like a BIG fish. I doubt he folded.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From my exp at 1/2 short:

Bet if they're passive, check if they're a bit aggro since A6, A5, and A4 (etc etc) are betting. Just call. Semi-bluffing oesn't work that well at 1/2, especially OOP. WP this would be good because you get to check behind on the UI turn and probably raise + over callers on the improved river; folding UI.

What value do you give your hand that makes betting the turn correct? You're definitely not folding a better hand. Does this guy fold the T UI fairly often?

Anyway.

Betting the river is also not that good. I just don't see you folding out a better hand nor do I see a worse hand calling. I just think A high is calling here almost every time. His play makes him look like a BIG fish. I doubt he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are prob correct.

I felt checking the turn would make my hand transaparent. Im not convinced a river bet is incorrect w.out a read yet.

cheers
Old 10-28-2005, 04:08 AM

At first I was thinking just peel the flop as we have significantly less equity than a pure OESD+OCs since it's a 1 card and the 7 is worth very litte, also 4 of our potential outs are dutty [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s. I suspect we have close to the equity of an OESD though so I like jacking it up now, especially if you're trying to clear up your king or knock out UTG, there are a lot of hands we'd like him to fold and we probably have close to 1/3 equity against the other 2 anyway.

On the turn I think I'd bet too getting 7 to 1 or something on it even though we'll have to call a raise. River looks good also, these guys can't even read the board and will call the turn with Ax hoping to hit a straight or their ace.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 PM

I say you have to lead the river. Most hands that come this far have you beat but if you get them to fold better than 1 out of 9 times it is +EV. Also, if you don't lead you give them a chance to bluff you out with their busted draw that they would of folded had you lead out.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 PM

I think you're better off leading this flop.

And by the way you played, you're correct to bet the river because villain will have overcards enough of the time that he folds, so it's a +ev play.

But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.