Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 4 - One vs. Four
Bladerunner (1) 53 40.46%
Predator (4) 78 59.54%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: HU tournament set...

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, does it matter what site we play on? As long as each pair can find a site in common, it shouldn't matter what site people play at (assuming we do it as a cash game and not a tournament-- if its a tournament, finding sites with the exact same blind structure might be tough).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't stars be best since they have no rake at micros, and have no rakeback, so people could easily open an account there without having to worry about missing out on rb? (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 10-24-2005, 06:28 PM

Im intrested
Old 10-24-2005, 06:42 PM

im in
Old 10-24-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I guess it doesn't matter (as long as it has the correct blind/button structure). But if there needs to be one common denominator, I just don't want it to be Stars because I dont have an acct and I'm a lazy bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i say the same thing....

about UB [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps- only problem at ub is the fact that they do not have 1on1 .01/.02 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a very valid point. Fine, I'll open a pokerstars account. Blah.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:05 PM

I'm in. I prefer Stars, although it doesn't really matter. The rake will rape us if we play cash games, so SNGs are probably the way to go. My heads up game sucks, although I'd like to improve it. I think this is an awesome idea.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:44 PM

so heres the update...

we will be doing this at stars at the .01/.02 hu nl tables. the setup im looking at right now is with <32 we will do a round robin seeded, single elimination tourney. if we get more than this number we will do a double elimination tourney with a winners and losers bracket. either way the semi finals and finals will be a best of 3 shootout. all matches will be given a 2 day period to play the match whenever convenient for both parties. I am thinking we can all throw like $5 into a prize pool for the king of SSNL aka "tHe GREatest PoKAh pLAYA EvA". only 13 people have PM'ed up till this point so if u want to play u need to PM me.

ps- if anyone has any other ideas or things that they think should be done different post it in this thread...
Old 10-24-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so heres the update...

we will be doing this at stars at the .01/.02 hu nl tables. the setup im looking at right now is with <32 we will do a round robin seeded, single elimination tourney. if we get more than this number we will do a double elimination tourney with a winners and losers bracket. either way the semi finals and finals will be a best of 3 shootout. all matches will be given a 2 day period to play the match whenever convenient for both parties. I am thinking we can all throw like $5 into a prize pool for the king of SSNL aka "tHe GREatest PoKAh pLAYA EvA". only 13 people have PM'ed up till this point so if u want to play u need to PM me.

ps- if anyone has any other ideas or things that they think should be done different post it in this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good.

Can someone confirm if there is rakeback at stars before I set up an account?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so heres the update...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good.

Can someone confirm if there is rakeback at stars before I set up an account?

[/ QUOTE ]

no stars has no rb. they do have the lowest rake in the industry though, and the micro tables we will be playing on are not raked...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:50 PM

can anyone transfer me PS money in exchange for some PP money? probably $25 will be enough for this tourney thing. PM me...