Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best final table, entertainment-wise?
Lisandro's win 7 25.93%
Ferguson's win 8 29.63%
Tran's win 2 7.41%
Lee's win 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Worst Movie Sequels Ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After a great movie like The Matrix, how come the absolutely terrible sequels aren't getting more hate?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what I voted for, it's always been my theory that THE MATRIX was never meant to have a sequel, but due to the massive success, the sequels were quickly ghostwritten/directed strictly from a money standpoint.

Matrix v. Matrix Reloaded/Rev is such a critical jump in tone, I just didn't see that possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always had heard the 3 were written together.

I dont hate 2 and 3 as much as eveyone else, sure they wernt as good as the first one, but there werent all THAT horrible. Just another typical science fiction movie. They definately didnt ruin the first one for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one is just so different than the other two, the first was a good [censored] movie, how the jump could be so bad to such terrible flicks as the last two.

I still don't know...
Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

it simply does not get any worse than highlander 2
Old 12-12-2005, 10:31 PM

The first one was really tight. The other two were really bloated, and not with anything good. You really, really feel the minutes in those.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first one was really tight. The other two were really bloated, and not with anything good. You really, really feel the minutes in those.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 2 and 3 could've been condensed into a super tight movie if they tightened up the dialogue and perfected a story line.

the final movie had no conflict resolution, total cock tease.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you didnt like any of 2? I thought the chase scene with the motorcycle was on par with anything in the first one.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:46 PM

"Battlefield Earth II"

Wait, that's still in production.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you didnt like any of 2? I thought the chase scene with the motorcycle was on par with anything in the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st one was actually good stunts, 2nd and 3rd was all CGI, if I wanted to watch a cartoon I would've rented a videogame.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:52 PM

It went on a bit too long for me, and wasn't startling like things constantly were in the first one. It was also heavily CGI. And, frankly, I've seen chases done to death by now.

The first one was full of surprises. The other two pretty much had none, for me. They mostly just redid what we already had seen before, in the original or in other movies.

The thing I liked best about the other two were the Mechwarrior type battle mechs in III, how the swarms of bots looked breaking through that hole coming down into the underground chamber, the big overlord face in III, and parts of some of the fight scenes, mostly in II. Overall, they seemed to gorge on the parts of the first one that were most boring, cheesy and pretentious -- the oracle etc. And I'm afraid I never found the romance with Trinity very compelling or interesting.

Just opinions, but for me the sense of surprise and adventure existed almost entirely in the first one.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Battlefield Earth II"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Travolta wants to further savage his career by remaking a gigantic flop?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Battlefield Earth II"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Travolta wants to further savage his career by remaking a gigantic flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
SLAP! <Sound of hand hitting own forehead, amazed that someone actually believed the joke>