Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM

Default For Tampa/St.Pete 2+2\'s

What's up,

I currently reside in the Gainesville area, but I'm moving to the Tampa in September. Any other 2+2 living in the area? I'm looking for alternatives to the max $2 bet games at Hard Rock and the all-day/night adventure known as the Ocean Jewel (if you've been on it you know what I mean), so if you know of any in the 1-2 to 5-10 NL or 5-10 to 15-30 limit Hold'em/Omaha range I'd appreciate any info..If you don't want to make a public post just send me a PM. I'm also considering starting up a game if there's a market for it, so if you have any interested in that, let me know.

(not sure if this is the appropriate forum, i apoligize if it's not, but I've seen other Tampa 2+2's post in here so I'd figured this might yield the best response.)

Andy
Old 08-01-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: For Tampa/St.Pete 2+2\'s

Sorry dude.... The Hard Rock and the dog track at St Pete (Derby Lane) are the only games in town. The dog-track does have $45 MTTs daily that I'm going to check out at some point.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: For Tampa/St.Pete 2+2\'s

Yeah I know those are the only "legit" places, but I was thinking in more in terms of quasilegal cardrooms or home games. Anyhow, I've played a few of those $45 tourney at Derby Lane. They're ok, but become a crapshoot after awhile due to the blinds going up to fast.