Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 AM

Default My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hand Challenge - update # 2

Hi All,

I thought it would be easier for everyone to follow this if I post weekly updates with new threads instead of adding to the original:

link

(I always thought it would be pretty cool though to have a thread "catch fire" so if anyone would like to add to my original post, it would not hurt my feelings.)

When I was playing Saturday night, it hit me that I way understimated how difficult this challenge "truly" would be. (pun intended) I estimated it was going to take about 350 hours originally to complete this challenge. The good news to report is now my best estimate is down to 329 hours. The bad news is that now I fully realize the effort that has to be put in place by myself to accomplish this challenge, I am starting to feel some real pressure.

Over the last two years, I have played ALOT of online poker. It is one thing to play alot knowing when you get tired, no longer feel like playing, or take some horrendous bad beats, you can shut your computer off and come back to it when you feel like it. I no longer have that luxury and this is what has added the stress to it. I know once I complete this challenge I maybe viewing online poker in a whole new light.

There is more good news in that I continue to pick up the pace on an hourly basis. My last three hours I played 1290 hands, 430 per hour. Overall, I am averaging 365 hands per hour from the beginning. I find myself adjusting to TruePoker's 3D and motion software where it is not nearly the problem it once was.

One bad mistake I made during the this challenge was I played in a wide variety of games in in order to play eight tables at once. At one time I was playing in two 1/2 games, one 2/4 game, one 3/6 game, one 5/10 game and three 25 or 50 NL games. The problem was I did not have these organized on my screens in any particular fashion and couple this with the different style of play in each game led to my worst losing session. (- $ 500.)

Two funny mistakes I made: I raised twice with 4K suited, thinking I held AK suited. One of those times, I fired again on a missed flop, not realizing my mistake yet.

There is no doubt given the conditions I will be playing under (that is I must play no matter what) my play is going to be far from optimal. At the end of this challenge, if I am a slight winner, I will gladly take it.

Results so far:

Hands Needed: 120,000
Hands Played: 8,941
Hands Left: 111,059

Estimated Hours: 329
Hours Played: 24.5
Hours to go: 304.5

Winnings/Losings: + 37.00

(I lost track of my winnings and losings at each different limit since I have played so many different limits. I do know I dropped $ 100. on one NL hand and $ 150. while playing 5/10. Subtract out my one horrible session I talked about above and it would be fair to say that I am doing okay at the 1/2 games.)

Talk to you all later.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hand Challenge - update # 2

I think you should add "projected hours" to your stats
Old 05-09-2005, 11:16 AM

Good luck in a hard journey. This is serious punishment.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:19 AM

That 4K suited thing is actually really funny. Good luck man.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck in a hard journey. This is serious punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Baulucky. I tend to think of it as cruel and unusual.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should add "projected hours" to your stats

[/ QUOTE ]

Estimated = projected. Or do you mean someting else?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:55 AM

I really enjoy this challenge btw because I don't ever get any hands in and I have nothing much else to do.

Good luck to you sir!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:19 PM

"I lost track of my winnings and losings at each different limit since I have played so many different limits.'

I think we can dig that up for you. We do not generally track that for ourselves or for a player, but we can build a report for you over the next few days.

Truepoker CEO
Old 05-09-2005, 12:26 PM

.... Perhaps, but it is voluntary.

Seriously, we appreciate your efforts for a secondary reason, aside from the favorable publicity and representation you give our site:

1. You can probably debunk the impression that high volume play is not available on Truepoker,

2. We plan to design a likely less strenuous, but favorable High Volume Player program from your reports and play .... perhaps not at a 120,000 hands pace, but something lesser.

Think of yourself as a pioneer/trailblazer ???? If that doesn't work, think of the WSOP Seat and a week in Las Vegas.

Truepoker CEO
Old 05-09-2005, 12:28 PM

Without commenting on the merits of this deal for either side, (It was obviously a mutually agreed upon deal by both you and O'Doyle), I must commend you for having a great attitude towards players' needs, especially high volume players, and I wish you the best on making your site grow a lot in the future.

While other, more presently popular sites go to great lengths to alienate players, you move decisively in the opposite direction.

Any plans on a 2-D version of your software?.

Again, best of luck.