Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2005, 02:20 PM

Default OOP book club

I have been kicking around this idea for a few days and wanted to see what everyone thought of it. I thought it would be a great idea to have an OOP book club. I figure there are two ways to implement this.

1) Have one book that all interested parties read and then discuss at various points in the book.

2) Have people of different political stripes form smaller groups and take turns reading literature from their own side.

I think number 1 is probably better for this forum but majority rules apply. Maybe after discussion we can set up a poll and vote if you are serious about participating.

Obviously political, policy, and political history are obvious choices for subject matters. I would recommed we avoid junk of the Franken/Coulter variety and try to hone in on more in depth works but this is certainly open to interpretation. I think it would be a lot of fun and facilitate some great discussions in here. Let me know what you think. Having said all that, starting on Sunday I will be limited in my ability to participate for the next 3 weeks because I will be doing an exercise in Nevada. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]