Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 02:19 PM

Default AA Flops Nut Flush Draw On Button

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

MP1 ($176.75)
MP2 ($69)
MP3 ($165.9)
CO ($422.85)
Hero ($215.3)
SB ($214.4)
BB ($136.75)
UTG ($108.5)
UTG+1 ($112.95)
UTG+2 ($284.2)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $11, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls $11.

Flop: ($44) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($44) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $40</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $40.

River: ($124) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $50</font>, Hero calls $50.

Final Pot: $224

what do you guys do with it?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: AA Flops Nut Flush Draw On Button

Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 PM

I'm betting the flop. I don't like giving free cards to two players.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.
Bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

-T
Old 05-06-2005, 04:01 PM

agreed with the other posters - definitely bet the flop. There are many reasons why this is a good play:

1) It prevents your opponents from getting a free look at fourth street if they have a singleton heart (which you want) or if they have a set and are looking to fill up (which you don't)
2) It can get you a free look at the river if you are called so quickly that you get the feeling you might be up against a made baby-flush and will need to hit another heart to win; there's a good chance that everyone will check to you (the baby-flush included, since his biggest fear is a higher flush) and you can just check behind them. (This also has extra benefits when it turns out that your aces were good the whole way, since people at small stakes generally don't like the free-card play and will attempt to exact some "revenge" as it were on fifth street, thinking that you were just bluffing. So if your aces are good, on fifth street your opponent will come out swinging thinking that his pair of sevens or whatever is good, and you can punish him).
3) a big bet can often win the pot right there, and even if you're called, you still might have the best hand and if you don't, you certainly have a chance to improve to the best hand.
4) You raised before the flop, so you're giving no information away by betting on the flop - it's expected.

I say if everyone checks to you on the flop, you bet, and nobody check-raises, I would feel very confident that the two aces with the nut-flush draw was the best hand (esp. in no-limit, since there's no huge incentive to wait until fourth street to show strength like there is in limit)

Just my opinion, though; I could be wrong.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:04 PM

meh, what do you expect to get called by if i bet the flop?

and if i check, how is this bad?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM

If I'm not betting the flop (which I would do), I raise the turn about 2-3x. Hand plays differently from that point on. You have to know if you're behind at this point or not and a call here will probably get you a free showdown if you miss your heart. A re-raise and I drop the hand.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, what do you expect to get called by if i bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

Who cares what you're getting CALLED by, dude. Them folding isn't bad. Why would you give a free card? Maybe idiot with AQs calls here. Why would you let KQ or some other crappy hand get a free shot at beating you?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn about 2-3x. Hand plays differently from that point on. You have to know if you're behind at this point or not and a call here will probably get you a free showdown if you miss your heart. A re-raise and I drop the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

just so you know, a raise on the turn is all-in or a pot commiting one
Old 05-06-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if a free card more likely to help you or hurt you? in this case, i think it's a toss up, so i don't hate the check, but i think a bet could be argued for as well.