Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Stone Cold Bluff

Ok, first of all let me explain, I normally NEVER stone cold bluff. I only did it here since I smelt weakness, I wanted to show it to loosen up my table image and because I was running good so had a lot of confidence.

Was playing with the villian for about 80 hands at the time. I was playing my usual 19/5/2 style, but hadnt picked up any huge hands on this table, but villian hopefully still sees me as solid. Villian was 42/15/2.3 and just pretty LAGgy in general, but not a terrible player, not a great one either though!

Full Tilt .5/1 blinds 9way

hero ($97.5)
villian(87.3)

1 limper to hero in button, hero limps A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], villian raises to $3 from the button, folded to hero who calls.

Flop ($8.5): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

hero checks, villian bets $5, hero calls

Turn ($18.5): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

hero checks, villian bets $8, hero raises to $25, villian calls

River ($68.5): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

hero pushes for $64.5, villian folds.

hero shows his cards

Firstly let me explain that I thought he missed the flop, so i flat called to take it away from him on the turn, then when the K fell, I thought this might've helped him, but he bet so small, I had to take a stab. I felt on the river it was close whether to give it up or not.

Like or hate?

what would you call river with in villian's position?

it it worthwile to make these plays or not?

should i make them with position or OOP, so I can get 1st bet in on river?

What do you think villian has?