Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Tens in BB with heavy betting

Tens always get me in trouble.

Readless table, first hand I'm dealt after waiting 2 hands for big blind. Lets call it a generic .5/1 table and assume 1 of the bettors is a maniac.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Can I possibly lay this down when I know it will be capped but the pot will be 5 way and I have huge implied odds? Should I even cap it myself?

Flop: (20.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero ???

Bet out? Check here expecting a bet and raise, then reraise?
Old 05-29-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Tens in BB with heavy betting

I'm not sure about pf, but I prolly make the call, and play fit-or-fold. Now that I've fit, I'm not getting fancy. Looks like there are lots of pontential customers. I bet and raise at every opportunity unless the board gets real scary.

-Jaran
Old 05-29-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets call it a generic .5/1 table and assume 1 of the bettors is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
In general, there isn't one maniac per table.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Can I possibly lay this down when I know it will be capped but the pot will be 5 way and I have huge implied odds? Should I even cap it myself?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lay this down? Are you kidding? Like you said, your implied odds are huge, and you're getting like over 6:1 on your call. I wouldn't cap, though.

BTW, FASTPLAY this. You're almost always up against AA or KK here, and they'll be willing to go multiple bets with you.

So bet, and evaluate what to do based on what happens next. Ideally it would get capped behind you.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:03 AM

Bet out, and pray that no paint comes.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:20 AM

there is no way you should considering folding this pf.
go nuts on this flop. they should give you plenty of action. that pot is huge, get money in while people still want to see cards....
Old 05-29-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about pf, but I prolly make the call, and play fit-or-fold. Now that I've fit, I'm not getting fancy. Looks like there are lots of pontential customers. I bet and raise at every opportunity unless the board gets real scary.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

easy PF call.. especially from the BB with 2 donks coming along.

say he needs about 10:1 in implied odds to make the call (he can catch and lose) and he knows its getting capped.. that's a 3 SB commitment PF or 30:3 that he'll need.. so I think a final pot of 15 BB's (not counting his future bets) is possible with this loose crew.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:38 PM

Well, I'm glad no one advocated folding. Never could have brought myself to do that.

Funny thing you mention 15BB, that was almost exactly my net take on the hand. I bet out flop, gets called around. turn was a blank, bet out get called around. River is 5 for high full house, bet and get 3 callers, preflop capper having queens and the other 2 99 and ace high. Weird hand.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:59 PM

Readless cold call of 3 bet is pretty loose out of position, but that is stating the obvious. - Duh, BB just 2 bets.

I think you be this out, no apparent need to worry about losing customers in this one.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:03 PM

I would probably call with 22 in this situation.