Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Super System was updated. Why not Caro\'s Book of Tells?

I am mostly an online player but want to get into live play more. I started reading Caro's book a couple days ago and am about halfway through it. It is a wonderful book and I have learned a lot. It has so much valuable info, I will need to re-read it a couple times.

My only complaint is it seems to be out of date in some areas. There are a lot of examples that use Draw and even more that use Stud. I know Stud is still played but Draw is dead. It would be much more effective if the tells were applied to Holdem. Like 75% Holdem, 15% Omaha and 10% Stud.

Also, since the big wave of new players the game has got in the last 3-4 years (particulary younger players), it seems that some of the tells could be updated. Maybe even more added. I know that Tells are more about human nature than a card game, but the closer the reader can relate to the material, the more he or she can learn.

The book is really good as it is. Lots to learn. I just think it could be even better. SuperSystem 2 was great, in that there was no draw section and introduced a lot of players to some new games (like Triple-Draw).

I am curious to hear other's thoughts on this.