Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Kings in BB in home MTT

It's the third level of a three-table NLHE tournament. We started with 10,000 in chips. I was just moved to a new table after someone went out. A few faces I know, a few I do not. I have around 12,000 in chips and blinds are at 100/200.

I'm in the Big Blind. Two limpers and SB completes. I look down and see pocket Kings. I raise to 1200 which is 6x BB. This is higher than my usual raise at this level a bit high but I wanted to get at least two of them to fold.

Only one does. The caller on the button is unknown; it's the first time he played here and since I just arrived at this table a few hands ago, I have no read.

The SB also calls and he is an uber donk - The kind of player who will proudly beat you with A3 with Aces and Threes after you raised with AK and claim he called because they were soooted. Or he will also lose when betting third pair on the turn all-in as a bluff.

Now there's $3,800 in the pot and I have about $10,700 or so.

Flop comes J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I do not have the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but there are no Aces. SB checks, I bet 5,000 and the button and SB call.

Pot now has 18,800 in chips and I have about 5,700 left.

Turn is 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

SB bets 5,000. I feel that I cannot lay this down so I raise all-in which is only 700 more. Button folds, SB makes the have-to call of 700 more chips.

Final pot: 30,000 or so.

How's my line?
Old 07-16-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Kings in BB in home MTT

with such a draw-heavy flop, I would overbet with a push, or bet 2k, and push for 8k any turn that doesn't complete a draw (like the 3s).

SB had JT?
Old 07-16-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Kings in BB in home MTT

[ QUOTE ]
SB had JT?

[/ QUOTE ]Naturally. But they were soooted... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] River offered zero help.

Good hand to go broke with or not?