Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Poker Stock Market

I’m basically spewing off thoughts after reading this article here

What if there was a poker stock market? How cool would it be to have real $ shares of players. Basically a 3rd party company that players go to to list their name, once the name is listed it pops up online and anyone can bid on shares of that person until the full amount of shares is purchased. So say a tournament has a buy-in of $10,000, as soon as that professional lists themselves X amount of shares immediately become available. X = what % of the player is looking to get staked. Example in this case X=5000. Let’s say it’s Phil Ivey, he now gets 50% of whatever he wins and the other 50% goes to his investors if all 5000 shares get purchased. A person can buy as many or as few shares as they’d like. Someone like me may buy 50 shares of Phil Ivey. 50 shares would be 1% so I’d get 1% of whatever he wins. All the financials would be handled through the third party company. How friggin cool would that be? I guess that could almost be considered fantasy poker. In a weird sort of way it’s gambling on gambling.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Poker Stock Market

IT would be TIGHT!!!!!!!!! Thing is, the greats like ivey wouldn't do it cause it's more +EV to just pay the full buy in themselves and keep 100% of profits. The people it would work for would be 2+2er's trying to make it or other up and coming stars with too small of a bankroll.