Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Session studies for Dec 5th thread

Alrighty Then. Are you man enough to have your fellow posters review a whole session of yours again.

If you don't know what I mean check >>> Here
Including looking at the link in that thread as well.

Because most of the questions about it can be answered by that link, or the link inside that link I am making this a shorter post.

Basically it goes like this.
PM me with a clear message of "hey put me on the list" or something like that.
I match you up with fellow posters on monday afternoon then you send them a session (under 200 consecutive hands) and they review it and send it back to you with their comments and praise.

We used to do seperate groups for full and 6-max and we still do so if you play 6-max and are interested in doing this see Numeri's thread in the SSSH forum found>>>Here
He is the coordinator for 6-max players and has allready had a huge response it seems. His explanation of the process is exactly the same in case my wording has confused anyone.

I have found this to rock hard core everytime we've done it and expect it to continue. So send me those PM's people.
Post any questions or coments of how much I rock in here over the weekend and I will try to answer them or tell you "you're right I do rock" when I have the time.

--Thomas
Old 12-03-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Session studies for Dec 5th thread

been drinking? lol

i have
Old 12-03-2005, 04:15 AM

Acctually haven't. Just wanted to spice things up a bit. Have a drink for me though. I gotta work in the morning so bed is where I go.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:57 AM

Interested but I have finals next week. How often do you do these?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interested but I have finals next week. How often do you do these?

[/ QUOTE ]

We do them once every 2 weeks so that people have the time they need to discuss the sessions and so people don't burn out on this idea. So if you can't do it this week that's cool another will be along soon.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:18 PM

This was a great exercise... I highly recommend doing it. I’m in; I will send you the PM shortly.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:26 PM

bump for our Saturday Night cats you dig.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:16 PM

Bump for Sunday afternoon
Old 12-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Come on you wussys theres like 40+ people signed up for this in SSSH (for 6-max players), we have like 6. I'm not trying to start a rivalry or anything I just want you guys to take this opportunity to improve your game and the game of your fellow microer.

Edit: this was half serious half bump
Old 12-04-2005, 05:15 PM

Micros - what's this I hear about a weak turn-out? I'm not sure you realize how fun this can be. Here's a little FAQ for you:

Q: I'm not feeling confident about my play. Why should I be giving advice to someone else?

A: You're looking at it the wrong way. All of the experienced players here realize that they're giving much more than they're getting. If they wanted to actually get as much out of this as possible, they'd hire a coach. Don't worry about it. I learn from evaluating the play of others - both good and bad - and I learn from explaining my thought process. So relax - don't feel guilty. You're not 'advising' the other player. You're giving your comments on their play and they're explaining their actions. It's all good.

Q: I don't have time for this [censored]. Why should I spend time doing this when I could be making $$$?

A: Are you serious? It's like 2 hours out of your week - no 2 weeks. Come on. Like I tell my students - the best way to learn is to teach someone else. Just thinking about how a hand is played and how you might do things differently can really clarify a lot of concepts. It's well worth it. You shouldn't be spending all of your time playing. If you really want to improve, you need things like this to keep you going.

Q: I don't want anyone else to see how much I rock at poker. Why should I share my secrets with them?

A: You do not rock at poker.

So there you go. Can you see clearer now? Don't miss out on this opportunity!

P.S. SSSH really does have 40+ signed up. (42 at the moment) You gonna let the new splinter forum treat you that way? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]