Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 AM

Default My first really loose table since I returned - drawing hands

Like the topic says, this was the first really loose table I found since I started playing again a couple of weeks ago. I know that drawing hands are a leak for me so I want to get some feedback on my play, see if you can spot any leaks or passivity problems.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) converter
Villain is the first player I have watched and said "okay, that guy is definitely a maniac." Plus, he got a couple of bad beats in a row and went on major tilt. He was in nearly every hand, raising with any two.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO :#A500AF(Villain on Tilt)/ raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO :#A500AF(Villain on Tilt)/ caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain on Tilt bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain on Tilt 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain on Tilt bets $0.04 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (14.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (11.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 11-29-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: My first really loose table since I returned - drawing hands

Hand 1: Do you always play Axs this hard against players on tilt? I see no wrong in playing the hand at all but I would play it alot softer, especially with a hand like A8s in case I don't get a flush and I start thinking "He is on tilt, he have junk" and I fall in love with my hand and it ends with a showdown where the chips is moved to his stack. I call behind on all streets here since I will end up with alot of bets if I hit it good anyway, he won't fold on the river.

Hand 2: Nothing to say. Played it fine.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:01 AM

*grunch*

First hand is great.

On the second hand you can 3-bet the flop for value. You have a big equity edgee here against even 3 players, much less 4. Turn and river are fine. You _might_ consider a C/R on the river, but I probably wouldn't want to risk it.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 AM

hand 1: fine

hand 2: 3bet the flop, checkraise the river, the K isnt a scare card and you have great relative position on the aggressor
Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 AM

Eskimo, why a checkraise on the river?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Because you have the nuts and there are a lot of hands the other players may think are good. Especially if they think you were chasing the flush and missed they are more likely to think their aces or aces up are good. The downside is that they both have K and are afraid of the A and just check it down.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Do you always play Axs this hard against players on tilt? I see no wrong in playing the hand at all but I would play it alot softer, especially with a hand like A8s in case I don't get a flush and I start thinking "He is on tilt, he have junk" and I fall in love with my hand and it ends with a showdown where the chips is moved to his stack. I call behind on all streets here since I will end up with alot of bets if I hit it good anyway, he won't fold on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not as a general rule. If someone were just being unusually aggressive without showing me that they are also playing decent hands the same way I'd have just called the preflop raise.

After the flushdraw hits, I'd play it the same in any big pot with loose callers.

I went ahead and raised against this guy because he had been playing 100% of his hands for the past half hour, raising EVERY time preflop, and continuing even when he was clearly beaten. I knew that if I hit my hand I'd get a big payoff, but I could let it go and only spend a couple of small bets if I completely whiffed.

Edit: Shouldn't think ahead while typing
Old 11-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Hand 2 - I think not c/r the river here is a pretty big mistake. CO has shown nothing but aggression, and the K is not a card that is going to slow him down.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:31 PM

Check raising is a skill I have definitely not yet mastered. I'll add that to my list of "things to think about on every street"

Thank goodness I'm getting faster at this, or I'd be setting off the timer every play. :P
Old 11-29-2005, 02:43 PM

I am going to disagree with those who are suggesting that check/raising the river is automatic in the 2nd hand.

I think that the K falling to put 3 big broadway cards on the board is a sufficiently scary card, that I prefer OP's betting the river with the nuts, as opposed to risking it being checked through.