Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-31-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: My weakness...middle pairs

[ QUOTE ]
How large must the pocket pair be before you'd 3-bet it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would 3-bet Tens, I just like to keep pots smaller when OOP. Heads up I would consider 3-betting.In other positions I would 3-bet 99 to get it Headsup. I have a 12% PFR, and I don't 3-bet 99 in the BB. So I still think this is too aggressive. You should give some respect to MP1 open raise unless he is a maniac.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a non-sequitur. The villain doesn't have to make a mistake for our raise to be profitable. Betting into someone, who has the odds to call, is not wrong. Your logic would mean that we ought not to bet into someone with a flush draw, since they can call profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is probably neutral EV to 3-bet, or call pre-flop. I am not a huge math guy, so I really don't know. I make my plays based more on position and the type of opponent I am against. Either line is fine I guess. I just prefer to play more cautiously OOP with vulnerable mid pairs. Especially against an unknown.

[ QUOTE ]
If we could see his cards, and he ours, what would the preflop action be?

[/ QUOTE ] Since he had AQ it should be reraise, but we don't know what he had, he could have a bigger pair. Are we really that much of a favorite over a unknowns range that 99 should be pushed this hard preflop. I guess if we 3-bet and villain caps, this make the hand easier to play, because we will be certain we are behind villain capping range on this flop. I still prefer seeing a flop first though.