Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: AJo 15/30 hand

I think I prefer a 3bet to a call in this situation.

Not that I think either is the best move.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:06 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

would your coldcall scare the crap out of these guys w/o a monster? i know i rarely coldcall and when i do some players take notice and slow down. if this is not the case your current odds are not usually the odds you will effectively be getting, but you know this. to make this play against this guy you must be very sure of the implied odds and getting paid off if you hit. given the AF of Hijack and CO i think this will be the case. i think the coldcall is okay but i would HATE to have to call one or two more; you will likely have odds to call the turn as well so see what happens by the river. a 3 bet here would likely come back capped and NOT earn you a free card so it would be bad IMO as i doubt you have the equity 3 way to profitably put that much money into the pot at this point.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:07 PM

I hate this play. I think the 3-bet is pretty bad, but if your read told you these guys would raise or call with worse hands than your holding fine. I think you can lay down preflop without losing any value here.

The flop is very bad. The action was capped preflop which had to tell you you were not best. There is no way you have odds to call the two bets on the flop. Getting about 8 to 1 with a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw is not even close. Factor in the times that you get there on the straight and lost to a boat or flush your odds have decreased further.

Regardless of how bad the players are, don't let them force you into making these kinds of mistakes. The idea of 3-betting this flop is torrential spewage of the highest order. Even the worst players don't usually cap preflop without something that is surely ahead of your holding here. The possibility of this flop getting reraised or capped is highly likely. fold preflop or fold the flop. Standard.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think its pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

no thinking required its out right terrible, what do you want to hit except the 10 here anyway or a runing flush. I don't understand how your calling 2 cold here with these rags. Fold and don't look back
Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 PM

The problem with lagtards is that they love color and will charge into the breach with any and all paint cards. His pf cap supports that read IMO. His bet and CO's raise lead me to believe your looking at paint that hit MP3, and perhaps a slick or SF draw from either player. This situation would only give you three clean outs (non-club tens).

In this hand, you have allowed yourself to be put into the squeeze by a notoriously troublesome hand that didn't hit, principally because you had an idiot in your sights, and you don't want to let him go. I think it is reasonable to mark him as your man, but you have to isolate him after the flop if your hand is vulnerable, or you're likely playing for negative value.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:26 AM

Bad.