Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-27-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: One night in Nashville

De Ja Vu is a great place if you like boobies!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: One night in Nashville

Follow up:

Here was a good PM courtesy of RunDownHouse:

Good Eats
Pricey: The Palm, Ruth's Chris, Flemings, and Nick and Rudy's are the best steak places in town. The Palm is downtown, right next to Gaylord Entertainment Center (GEC). Ruth's Chris is on West End by Vandy, Flemins is on West End on just the other side of Vandy, and Nick and Rudy's is on 21st, not far down the street from Ruth's Chris. Personally, I like the Palm the best, but dinner for two will run $100+

Less Pricey: Tin Angel, Valentino's. Tin Angel is on West End just before 440. This is my favorite restaurant in Nashville. Entrees run $13-22 or so and are pretty ecletic as far as what's offered. Be prepared for some very very good sauces with almost any entree. Valentino's is an Italian place on West End. I've never been there but its supposed to be one of the best midrange Italian places in town.

Even Less Pricey: South Street is a restaurant on Division (I think) that has a great atmosphere, a good beer selection, and generous portions. Sportsman's, on 21st, is pretty much the same deal, with a menu pretty much straight American, as opposed to seafood. Rotier's is a famous Nashville burger joint on Elliston, pretty much across the street from Vandy and Fleming's. Its definitely a hole-in-the-wall, but, like I said, famous Nashville, and there's a rumor that Jimmy Buffet was moved to write "Cheeseburger in Paradise" after eating there. If you're going low-price, though, you should really have a traditional southern meat-and-three. The Loveless cafe is about 30 minutes from downtown, but probably the best meat-and-three around - my mouth is watering thinking of it. There's also a good one on Murphy road, near 440, but the name escapes me.

OK, so on to drinks. If you're looking for beer, look no futher than the Flying Saucer, off of Broadway next to Union Station. Over 100 on tap, over 300 total, and reasonable prices. The Beer Seller (downtown somewhere) also has a good beer selection and is more of a bar atmosphere. If you're going honky-tonkin', Tootsies Orchid Lounge (Broadway and 4th or thereabouts) is a landmark. Less well known to tourists is Lonnie's Western Room, a tiny place in Printer's Alley that can rock your socks off. Its the busiest when local colleges are in session, though, so it may not be as fun when they're out. You'll have to check it out.

If you tell me what you're looking for or where you're staying, I can be more specific. Also, you'll be happy to konw that downtown Nashville is easily doable on foot, so if you just get yourself down there there should be no problem stumbling from bar to bar.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We ended up just walking around downtown a bit, and sat in at one of the little honky-tonk places and listened to a band play for a bit. Had a couple of drinks there. The Whitehorse Saloon was closed for a private party (Music City Bowl function), so we didn't get to check that out. It was huge though, looked cool.

Ate dinner at some brewery place close to there, because they had a rib special. It was only so-so, but at least the beer was good.

Didn't stay out much to drink after that, because we're old and lame. Seemed like it would be a fun city to check out some more though, next time we head down to visit Allllaaaabaaaammaaaa.