Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Risky ace high turn raise in a PF capped pot

<font color="blue">
When this hand came up I was reminded of a play I've read/thought about but I haven't been in the correct situation to use it in a long while. It seems odd and I'm not entirely sure it's correct, so, I present it here. I'm going to break up the hand to give reads.
</font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>,

<font color="blue">MP is a 40/20 LAG over a small sample of 50 hands.</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,

<font color="blue">Duh</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>,

<font color="blue">Button is an unknown multitabling TAG that I've never seen before, and I've been playing this game all month. I only have 60 hands on him and he's 19/13 over this sample. His current WtSD is 18%. I'm guessing that he doesn't have a wide stealing range and I haven't seem him act up post-flop. So I'm thinking of him as a weak-tightie.</font>

SB calls,

<font color="blue">SB is a multitabling T/LAG. We've played about 1400 hands together. His stats are pretty odd. 31/14. Let me bring up a hand I played against him a few minutes prior to this.

I raise 88 UTG, he cold-calls UTG+1. A bad player in the BB calls. Flop is some cards: Check, I bet, call, call. Turn. By now there are 2 playing zone cards and a 9 on the board. I check, UTG+1 bets, BB calls. I figure I'm screwed and fold, UTG+1 prob coldcalled with QJ, KQ or some sh!t, and BB will call down w/ any part of the board anyway. River, UTG+1 bets, BB calls, UTG+1 shows 44.

That takes some gall to do with such a scary board, and his VPIP is pretty high but his PFR is only 14%, so I think he's pretty loose when it comes down to calling raises. He sees me as a 22/15 if he has a stats program, and prob. sees me as not tricky.
</font>

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Call four cold and donk? great. but I get the feeling that SB would bet any cards that he called PF here.</font>

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

<font color="blue">Here it is. Pot is getting pretty sizeable. I don't really trust SB. I think button is weak tight. I raise in attempt to knock button off overcard hands that might have 6 outs to chop or 3 outs to chop and 3 to win. I think if button had an overpair it's pretty likely I would have heard about it on the flop.

Am I worthy of flames, accolades, or is this utterly boring?</font>
Old 12-24-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Risky ace high turn raise in a PF capped pot

Looks good.

Nice post, BTW.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:11 PM

This works I think
Old 12-25-2005, 12:49 AM

if you are able to fold out the MP, then this is pretty nice as I reall don't doubt that honkey is betting into you with a draw, plus, you have a fair amount of outs with this size pot to do this
Old 12-25-2005, 12:58 AM

Do you think that you can bump the weak tighty off overcards by raising the flop? I'd fold most overs to a flop raise and it offers a little more protection.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:13 AM

I think the line is good if the Button has overs, but my guess is that you got a rude awakening from the Button on the turn.

Hope you took it down.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:39 AM

I don't like it. What makes you think SB doesn't have at least a pair? Sounds like he is going to the river with whatever he has got, looks a bit spewfull to me.

However the pot is large enough that you must be ahead only 20% of the time to turn a profit. If you think that you are good enough more than 20% then its not so bad. Problem is I'm not so sure you are good.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 03:28 AM

the pot is too big for even a weak tighty to fold the flop to a raise, a turn raise works better because of the bigger street
Old 12-25-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Results..

Results posted in ROT13.

[ QUOTE ]

Gur ohggba sbyqrq gb gur ghea envfr naq gur FO bayl pnyyrq. Gur evire jnf n oynax naq gur npgvba jrag purpx, purpx. FO ghearq WGb naq V fpbbcrq gur cbg nsgre gunaxvat gur cbxre tbqf sbe znxvat fher ur qvqa'g evire nal BRFQ be cnve bhgf. Gur ohggba qvqa'g fnl nalguvat va gur pung ohg V guvax gurer'f n qrprag punapr ur sbyqrq NX.

V cbfgrq guvf orpnhfr V jnagrq gb nibvq OIG flaqebzr, be znxvat na bqq cynl naq gura orpbzvat pbaivaprq vg'f fbyvq whfg orpnhfr vg unccrarq gb jbex va guvf bar vafgnapr. V'z fgvyy abg fher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow this link and copy/paste above text to read results.