Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s advice works

"Not quite. Advertising agencies are like the sleazy guy at the bar who tries the same pick up line on every girl he meets. He only needs one in ten pitches to connect in order to give his client a return on his investment. It's a very different situation if everything is riding on affecting the behavior of a single person."

Wrong. His client won't hire him again if there is a generic way to get a higher return. And unless the guy is an expert, a proven generic strategy will work better than a custom made one.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two days later she calls me, and she's all over me. She says she wants to break up with her boyfriend for me. I explained that I can't be her boyfriend, and she shouldn't leave the guy she's with for me. Then she said that she at least wants to see me on the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

So What's happening then. I don't much care for all this game playing, I just want a happy ending God damn it!!!

Nice work and good luck snowball, I really hope things work out the way you want them to.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two days later she calls me, and she's all over me. She says she wants to break up with her boyfriend for me. I explained that I can't be her boyfriend, and she shouldn't leave the guy she's with for me. Then she said that she at least wants to see me on the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

So What's happening then. I don't much care for all this game playing, I just want a happy ending God damn it!!!

Nice work and good luck snowball, I really hope things work out the way you want them to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I thought this was about one of Snowball's different girls. Is this the one we've been talking about all along? The original girl in the story didn't have a boyfriend IIRC.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, I thought this was about one of Snowball's different girls. Is this the one we've been talking about all along? The original girl in the story didn't have a boyfriend IIRC

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. The original girl does not have a boyfriend, and has yet to beg me for sex.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm working on a happy ending with the mega-hot girl in my class. I'm going to see her this weekend.

I just wanted to say that I just figured out what IIRC means. Yesterday I figured out what YSSCKY means too. All these acronyms are excessive, but its still gun to figure out what they mean.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

[ QUOTE ]
It must be easy to have it all figured out when you make such sweeping generalizations.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has it all figured out, but I speak the truth. I didn't figure it out myself, I just preach what I have learned from experts in the subject.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:10 AM

Default what\'s the point?

I'm sorry, I just don't get this.

I mean, I think David's plan is pretty good, as far as it goes...but why would anyone want to spend this much effort trying to get a girl to like you?

Ask her out. If she says no, move on to the next hot chick you see. That plan of attack is always +EV

This 3 month long plan is way too time intensive, and, in my mind, very -EV.

It's like playing in a 1000 man freeroll that pays $1. Nice practice, and it might be fun, but what does it get you??
Old 11-11-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: what\'s the point?

To do all that is a bad case of one-itis. You need to cure it by banging lots of random women.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:19 PM

It's a lack of experience, self confidence, and self worth. That all leads to the focus on one particular girl whom the OP barely knows. As others have mentioned, OP probably lacks significant dating experience, certainly does not truly believe he is a desirable man, and this shows through his behaviors.

He has constructed this perfect image of a girl he barely knows because she has paid him some attention and has desirable qualities. This attention is not something the OP is used to receiving and he craves more. Due to his lack of inner strength and confidence, he feels that this is a special situation that he must pursue to the end.

What makes it worse is that this girl likely pays such attention just for the multiplied attention she receives in return. OP is not the first to pine after her to no avail, hell he may not be the only one currently doing so. Whether she does this consciously or subconsciously is up for debate put the result is the same.

All this advice on how to get this girl is irrelevant and misses the central point of why try so hard. Unfortunately I suspect that convincing the OP and the bulk of the posters of this will not succeed. Much like convincing someone not to play KQo for a big raise will not succeed.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM

I agree with the thought that most hot chicks do the "I give you a little attention, hit your man-buttons, but only because you drool over me and put me on a plateau that I don't deserve."

This happened to me with a chick I used to work with a few years back. she was freakin hot..i mean hot. She was placed right beside me, and I immediately developed a major crush on her (even though I was getting married..oops)

She picked up on this right away and immediately started giving me more attention that other coworkers. After a few days, she'd start to tell me about all of her sexual escapades, with one, OR TWO partners...or herself (sooo hot), in graphic detail just to simply excite me and keep my attention on her. She was also very sweet and always told me I could talk to her about anything. When my soon-to-be wife and I started having some some pre-wedding problems, She encouraged me to start thinking about cheating on her...and even mind-f@cked me enough to actually tell her that I'd leave me fiance' for her. She looked at me after I said this and laughed in my face, She then told me she had already put in her two weeks and this was her last day. She said that she still wanted to be friends and talk though...we swapped Email addresses and that was the last time I ever talked to Jessica. Two years later she happens to come into the bar that my bands playing at, and right as the singer announced we'd be taking a set break after the next song, she looked at me, exchanged some words with her friends and immediately left before we were done...

I then realized that I had given this girl more attention than my fiance', my work, hobbies...ect. Just so that she can feel like she's the center of attention, and loved and lusted after by everyone. Looking back now I can't believe that she pwned me sooo bad. Live and Learn...hot chicks are 90% biotches. Game selection man...it's key.

Im married now, and I did eventually tell my wife about this. (I know, cardinal sin) She was pissed at first obviously, but then, when she called me a tool and cracked some jokes about it.... and I still got laid the same night...I realized how cool she really was and how lucky I was to have someone that can understand a situation like that enough to not hold it against me.

On a side note....It seems like he's in a not-as-drastic, but similiar situation with this girl leading him on. If you really want to understand women, I would sugest keeping this girl as a good friend, if you want to...if she's someone you can be "just friends" with.
Women are the best wingmen, and the absolute best source for advice. Start talking about other women with her...if she interested in you, then you'll pick up on it, as she will be defensive when you talk about how hot that OTHER chick is, if not, then you can at least ask her advice or get her to set you up with her hot sister. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GL
Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 AM

Very nice post and I suspect that many will appreciate your sharing of what is likely a bad memory. There is a lot that people can learn from your post. She almost ended your marriage. That is sick but it doesn't surprise me.

Funny thing is, such chicks are by far the easiest to pwn and it's not even close.