Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Default two semideep 5/10 hands

5/10 6 max on party

Villain in both hands is skunkmasterc. I think he is a bad lag but I’m not sure how bad he is or if he is actually good. I know he likes to bluff.

Hand 1. He has $2600. I cover. I open to $40 with QQ UTG. He makes it $100 in CO. This is 2. time in this session he reraises me. The other time I folded. I call his raise this time. Flop is T87 twotone. I check-call $150. Pot $515. Turn is a 7. I check-call $250. River is another 7 and I now have a full house. That’s a pretty hand that wins big pots so I check-call $700. I don’t like this line but I can’t think of a better one. Or is this the best line against an opponent that likes to bluff?

Hand 2. 20 minutes later. Skunkmasterc has $1750. UTG who lost $3K in the last half hour opens to $41. I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain calls on button. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG checks, I bet $100. Villain calls, UTG folds. Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet $250 into $338 pot and villain calls. River is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and there is $838 in the pot. Villain has $1350 left. QJ (very likely) got there but other draws missed. What’s my play here? (I bet $500 to get value from two pair hands and he instaraised all in, $850 more. Now what?)
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: two semideep 5/10 hands

first hand is fine...

second hand u really effed up by not reraising preflop.
reraise pre and the hand is easy... as played you shouldve checked the river.. i dont see value betting there, but if you do bet, just go allin and beat him to it.