Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: How do I make money through poker?

[ QUOTE ]
Plus pt will enable you to keep good records so you can pay taxes on all those winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what your motive for this clause was, but isn't it easier to just use the formula

Withdrawls - Deposits = income

Afterall, PT doesn't keep track of bonuses or rakeback, and I can't imagine that these can be treated any differently from actual take on the tables.

*conclude hijack*
Old 11-08-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Ed\'s Intro...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to meet just ONE person who has jumped from play money to 300/600 HU in less then two days---------GET REAL

[/ QUOTE ]

hi!

[/ QUOTE ]yessssssssssssssss

[/ QUOTE ]

bye!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: How do I make money through poker?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus pt will enable you to keep good records so you can pay taxes on all those winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what your motive for this clause was, but isn't it easier to just use the formula

Withdrawls - Deposits = income

Afterall, PT doesn't keep track of bonuses or rakeback, and I can't imagine that these can be treated any differently from actual take on the tables.

*conclude hijack*

[/ QUOTE ]

Reporting taxes on poker incoming has been discussed numerous times on the forums, and you do NOT just report the net profit. Do a search and read up on it and consult a professional if you plan to report taxes. Legally you are required to report wins and losses for each session--what a single "session" is online is up for debate at the moment (if you play four tables for 2 hours is that 4 sessions or 1?) but you most DEFINITELY do not simply report the net profit.

To OP: Get PokerTracker. Buy 2p2 books, particularly SSHE by Ed Miller, or the Harrington books for tourney / NL cash game play (I believe the first book applies to cash games fairly well -- not sure, not a NL cash game player). Start reading posting in the Micro/SS/SSNL forums, then posting. That's a decent start. If you have more questions, post in the Beginners forum or just read it and I'm sure a fair number of questions might be answered.