Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: 52s Against JBB -- Cleaning Up Outs

[ QUOTE ]
old bag

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

This phrase reminds me of the "Marble Rye" episode of Seinfeld every time I hear it.. =)

-dB
Old 05-13-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, being an ass on this forum, while annoying, is meaningless compared being an ass while playing live.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the essence of the issue. We have yet to hear dashing Greywolf come chivalrously swooping to her defense on this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the "dashing Greywolf's" answer. I have played with the person you called an "old bag" on several occasions. I have had many more occasions to observe her while she is playing because we play different games at the same club. Her behavior at the table is always top-shelf. Even when she has taken some bad beats. By the way, I have also played with her at a table with other 2+2ers and she was by far the best of the lot and the only player who I thought could give me a run for my money. Also, someone who was at that table the evening this all took place has told me that he saw nothing wrong with her behavior.
I would tend to believe him, and her, sooner than I would you. You use that kind of term to describe another 2+2er in a public thread and you have lost any shred of credibility that you might have had.
You are dismissed.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:19 PM

I was there. This is a stupid thread. Everybody keep your panties on. Do not forget to read my on-topic contribution to the hand analysis. That is all.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, being an ass on this forum, while annoying, is meaningless compared being an ass while playing live.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the essence of the issue. We have yet to hear dashing Greywolf come chivalrously swooping to her defense on this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the "dashing Greywolf's" answer. I have played with the person you called an "old bag" on several occasions. I have had many more occasions to observe her while she is playing because we play different games at the same club. Her behavior at the table is always top-shelf. Even when she has taken some bad beats. By the way, I have also played with her at a table with other 2+2ers and she was by far the best of the lot and the only player who I thought could give me a run for my money. Also, someone who was at that table the evening this all took place has told me that he saw nothing wrong with her behavior.
I would tend to believe him, and her, sooner than I would you. You use that kind of term to describe another 2+2er in a public thread and you have lost any shred of credibility that you might have had.
You are dismissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How she has acted at other times is irrelevent. This is a specific instance with several people who have stated otherwise. I have played with her as well and I've seen both good and bad behavior, and I don't have an opinion as to her demeanor Wed except that both Chris and Josh agree and I have been told that another player I know well left because he found her intolerable.

Beyond that, I think that your suggestion in your original email that they--Chris, Josh, etc--will be forced to play only with each other (presumably because their table "antics," which don't exist, will get them banned from NY clubs) is pretty silly, especially since I doubt you've met any of them.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:36 PM

Her behavior was perfectly normal and unremarkable for a poker game. She just rubbed a couple of people the wrong way - that's it.

Quite honestly, if she normally plays limit holdem the way she played that night, her game can use some work. Of course, I would say the same thing about Josh if I hadn't played with him before and known that he was just screwing around.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beyond that, I think that your suggestion in your original email that they--Chris, Josh, etc--will be forced to play only with each other (presumably because their table "antics," which don't exist, will get them banned from NY clubs) is pretty silly, especially since I doubt you've met any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,
I didn't exactly mean to suggest that they would be banned from any of the clubs, but all this drama doesn't really help the pink chip game get off the ground.
You're right, apart from TT I haven't met any of them, except Colgin and, briefly, Max. They are both gentlemen. But I have heard the other side of the story and I think I'll just continue to play where I currently do.
That's enough from me in this thread. Let's all put it to rest, shall we?
Old 05-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are dismissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already apologized to you about you having to get involved in this, but you're ridiciulously biased towards her. anyone who thinks she plays well or has anything above a mediocre understanding for the game has to be. even if she was screwing around or trying to beat me by routinely by calling 3 cold with 75s and 2 cold with K3s, she was still making huge mistakes like not 3-betting late position raises with 88, not raising for value, ie not raising 2 pair after the turn got checked through, not betting for value, etc. it's pretty obvious that she's break-even at best in most middle limit hold'em games. now maybe you're referring to Omaha, which is a simpler game that suits her better I'm sure. if you are, than sorry for this.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:50 PM

I don't know why I'm involving myself in this but since everyone else who was there has, I feel compelled.

I don't think she slow rolled you on purpose, I think she's not in on the joke where you turn your probably-best decent hand over and say "The Nuts". I think she was rereading the board to make sure that you didn't actually have the nuts.

As for the rest of it, I have no comments other than I enjoyed meeting stheif for the first time and had fun playing with him.

Oh and Let's Go Mets, bail Pedro out for a change instead of the other way around.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:56 PM

People are making WAY too much of somebody being called "old". I'm 28 and I tend to refer to anybody older than me as OLD. If I was Josh's age, I would call somebody in their 30s old without question.

If you can't shrug off somebody ~10 years younger than you calling you old, you may want to consider some treatment to stop aging.

Beyond that, if you're playing with a bunch of people who you know post on a message board, and act like a dick to them, you shouldn't take great offense (nor should your friends/internet saviors) when they point out that you were acting like a dick.