Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Future of 2+2??

Alrite, I know I have one other post but anyway I have a serious question: Is it just me or has the quality of 2+2 decreased? Have the fish invaded 2+2? I can only name a handful of respectable posters who post regularly: ie. Irie, Scuba, usher... sorry if i left u out, there are def others. Anyone else feel this way?

-mH

PS: Raptor = the shizz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..although I do wonder if he ever does anything besides poker. holla.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Future of 2+2??

It seems odd you'd post in this forum considering some of the best advice is offered here.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems odd you'd post in this forum considering some of the best advice is offered here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also seems odd that someone who does nothing to contribute would complain about the quality of the contributions around here.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:06 AM

in addition to playing poker, i also lose money playing xbox. holla
Old 04-21-2005, 02:07 AM

new players come and post, thus, density of good players decreases, thus perceived "quality of 2+2" decreases. in long run, new people get better, or leave, but also more new players join forum. there is always, and has always, been a balance of veterans and noobs on this forum, except possibly at the very beginning. the goal of the proprietors of this site is to have it grow over time, and to do that you have to add inexperienced players.

citanul
Old 04-21-2005, 02:17 AM

You're just bitter you didn't get mentioned in one of my Haikus. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Gotta post more homey...

Also, how can anyone who drops $1250 in like 2 hours in a video game be considered 'the shizz'?!!? I would like that stricken from the record, please.

Also, the STT forum is the best kept secret on this thing....aside from perhaps the Mid-High (and MTT somewhat) forum I can't think of any that offer anything close to the same caliber of home-grown advice/thinking/strategy.

I'm biased on this issue, btw. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 04-21-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're just bitter you didn't get mentioned in one of my Haikus. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, but i am!

fortunately, i was mentioned in irie's post recently, so i can be happy about that.

citanul
Old 04-21-2005, 02:21 AM

Man, first I get no Yugo Haiku, now this? damn, I'm hurt.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alrite, I know I have one other post but anyway I have a serious question: Is it just me or has the quality of 2+2 decreased? Have the fish invaded 2+2? I can only name a handful of respectable posters who post regularly: ie. Irie, Scuba, usher... sorry if i left u out, there are def others. Anyone else feel this way?

-mH

PS: Raptor = the shizz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..although I do wonder if he ever does anything besides poker. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I gotta say that I am in no way connected to the original poster so I'm surprised as hell to be included in the short list. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I really doubt I'm respectable though so I'm wondering where the list came from. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Quality of 2+2 seems the same for my relatively short experience here, as there's always a mixture of players on the board with different levels of understanding on SNG knowledge, and I'll admit that I still have tons to learn.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:40 AM

I take a holiday off, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I've got so much reading to do.