Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2005, 07:13 PM

Default How do I make money through poker?

Hi,

I was reading Ed's intro. about the "wheelbarrows full of cash" that the above ave. 2 + 2 player
is making, and I must greedily say that I want to get there and be one of those fortunate (and very skilled) guys.

I really don't have any poker playing friends to ask for help (none of my family
members or friends play poker seriously for income...), so I
can't ask anyone:
What the best place/site to go play?
What are the best limits to play at the site?
What times of day are the best to spend playing? (when there are a lot
of full tables w/good (profitable) games going on?).

I've seen "bonus whore" guides, that tell a player w/ $200., etc., exacty where
to first deposit to get the best bonus, clear it and then get the next bonus (the proper order of desposits/bonuses you should get out of all the sites that are out there to get the most free money the quickest),
and after you're done (assuming you just break even) your up thousands in a
short period of time...

But what about somebody who is extremely good at limit poker, but lacks the knowledge of simply where to play (online) and
may lack the bankroll for limits above $15/30??? ( I plan on playing 5/10, 10/20, and 15/30 to build for the 20/40, 30/60 games...)

It's such a HUGE costly and time consuming mistake to take say $6,000. and sit in a bad 15/30 game for a few weeks, just to find that out - that it's bad/full of good players...
I've also made a post about a Stud game I played Online (and how good it was)
and lots of players asked me where it was I was playing...which leads me to my question...

Short question:
Is there a forum on here where we can post our poker "hot spots" that we find Online?
Is it even proper etiquette to post this info.?

I know that good/great players reside on here and read these forums and that it'd be dumb to post here when you find a good game, 'cause then all the 2 + 2 "sharks" would more or less swim over to check it out and then it would no longer be a good game, but
aren't there sooooooooooooooo many places to play online now and sooooooo many bad players that it shouldn't really matter?

For the low limits it really doesn't matter...no matter what site you go to, the $2/4 games are super easily beatable...but the game selection at higher limits is the important thing:
where can I go to find where the good mid-high limit games are?
(and when I do find good games myself, is it OK to post it? ...or just plain stupid...?)

I got the skills, I got the bankroll (for all limits $15/30 and below), but I don't yet have "wheelbarrows" full of cash...
(and I need to make some poker "friends"...I don't really have any of those...lol...anyone feeling sorry for me yet to take me under their wing?)

Joe M.