Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: What are your favorite lines spoken at the table?

"I only need $40 more and I can quit for the day." The words of a 3/6 pro at the Taj.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:45 PM

I have a good quote from a dealer. I was playing at a riverboat in Louisiana, and a player played fast before and after the flop and folded after the turn. The dealer asked "Would you like to see the river?" The player said yes, and the dealer pointed toward the exit to the deck and said "go look out that window"...

8 guys started laughing and one got po'd...
Old 05-18-2005, 11:41 PM

MGMGrand 4/8 Vs the Lag Bros, seats 1 and 10. I move from seat 8 to seat four to get posistion.

I am playing TAG. Seat 9 is the BB seat 10 raises seat 1 reraises. I reraise with KQs. Seat 8 cold calls 4 folded to seat 10 who folds.

Flop is rags. Seat 1 checks i auto bet. Seat 8 and 1 call. Turn we all check river we all check. MHIG!!

Seat 6 looks at me says I cant figure you out. Have you read hellmuths book? I say "no" He sayts I am not sure if your a jackyl or a lion. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] you play good most of the time then you do something like that.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Two from last night Rockford Charitable Games 10/20.

1)There was a guy that would almost always bet on the flop when checked to. He was a regular and was fairly chummy with other regulars. When one of his pals asked him why he always bets he replied, "I've never seen a flop I didn't like"

2)Another kid, that I've chatted it up with before, thinks he's a real poker grandmaster (sunglasses, Ipod, the works.) He's not terrible and by no means good, he's definitely on the laggish side and likes to straddle too (certainly not a winning player).

Anyway, he sits down in the 4 and I'm in the 9 so I greet him and he asks me if I'm done with school, summer plans, etc. He tells me he's working and I ask what he's doing for work. Since we're seated far away, he discretely points to the poker table with a big shit eating grin, "oh yeah and ah, I'm also a server" I withheld my laughter and asked about his server job.

-Craig
Old 05-19-2005, 04:32 PM

Was at a 5/10 O/8 table yesterday. One of the players noticed someone else had left and commented, "I don't know why he was here, he never played."
Old 05-20-2005, 08:41 PM

An middle aged guy sits down at my table and asks "Whats hittin' today?"
another says " the ATMs been hittin' all day. People are getting all kinds of cash out of 'em."
Guy #1 says, "Hell, maybe I oughta go play that."
I chimed in with, " Give me your card and you lucky numbers and I go play for you."
Old 05-20-2005, 09:33 PM

Default BALLS

My favorite reply to "what do you have?" is. .

"BALLS"

works every time.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: \"NO RAISE, NO FUTURE!!!!\"

[ QUOTE ]
The middle eastern guy freaked, saying he was Israeli, had relatives blown up by a car bomb yada yada, went to other tables to tell people about it, and basically would not shut up about it. Hours later after the tournament is over I’m waiting for an Act I and there he is still talking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is where my longest thread is heading, I'd prefer it die without further bumpage.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:37 AM

This evening while sitting at the 5/10 at Rockford Charitable Games with a fellow 2er, we spotted a female who just walked in but neither of us had seen the front side of her. We agreed that we liked the back, and I asked him hot or not for $1...we both wanted hot, so he took 2-1 on not. Eventually she turned around, and I (hot) won, but we spotted an eyebrow piercing. I said to my friend: "Well, she may have an eye sore, but she certainly isn't an eyesore!"
Old 05-21-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This evening while sitting at the 5/10 at Rockford Charitable Games with a fellow 2er, we spotted a female who just walked in but neither of us had seen the front side of her. We agreed that we liked the back, and I asked him hot or not for $1...we both wanted hot, so he took 2-1 on not. Eventually she turned around, and I (hot) won, but we spotted an eyebrow piercing. I said to my friend: "Well, she may have an eye sore, but she certainly isn't an eyesore!"

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm hearing crickets
Closed Thread