Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 AM

Default $400nl 6-max: TPTK in family pot.

MP seems fairly aggressive for a short-ish stack, he bets alot when checked to. Don't know about first caller. I was gonna dump it to excessive action. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($486.50)
MP ($173.50)
CO ($775.45)
Button ($146.10)
SB ($415)
BB ($1528.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, MP calls $14, CO calls $14, Button calls $14, SB calls $12, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($74) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $24</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $24, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $135</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $159.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $24.50.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: $400nl 6-max: TPTK in family pot.

if you think he will go down with any T/heart draw this seems fine

does he usually underbet flop? i wasnt really paying attention, but if its checked to him, i assume he usually bets small, right?

with the position of the short stack i think this is good, as you can catch SBs money when he has a draw
Old 11-17-2005, 07:52 AM

I don't really like the pf raise w/ATo, what is calling that you beat? Post flop, I'd usually just lead, unless MP is aggro enough to bet anything most of the time, then the flop play is fine.

Edit: misread stack sizes (it's early) took out last part.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think he will go down with any T/heart draw this seems fine

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if he calls with those hands tbh, I wouldn't mind if he folds either.

[ QUOTE ]

does he usually underbet flop? i wasnt really paying attention, but if its checked to him, i assume he usually bets small, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. He's bet $8 into a $40 pot and shizzle like that.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:04 PM

I don't play that high, but what's your thoughts about checking that flop after raising pf?
If you believe MP like to steal against pf raiser or he is bad enough to call cr with any T or draw, that might be a good move. Otherwise, if it get checked though, any over card other than ace would make things alot messy on turn. You line is too strong representing an over pair and I am a little bit concerned about sb here.

There is vey small chane they flat call with pp higher than T so I expect a cb would get called by a lot of worse hands here.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:18 PM

Looks ok but I think betting out here is easier.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:30 PM

looks like a set to me but you obviously cant fold after his push.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:56 PM

My reason for not betting out was that if I bet out $50-70 first to act i would almost certainly be faced with atleast one or two callers and maybe a raise and I would basicly have to give up my hand in a large pot (since i'm not backing this hand with my stack).

I'd much rather see what happened behind me (and get away easily if there was a lot of action) and thin the field and end the hand right here.

As most of you have guessed I was indeed up against a set... of tens... no runner-runner help for me.