Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: one pair, insanely huge pot

I'd like to elaborate briefly on the shortstack. On the flop, he took freaking forever to decide to move in. After putting 25% of his stack in preflop, he would certainly insta-call getting 2:1 with any sort of draw or any "reasonable" made hand (top pair, overpair, etc). It was painfully obvious that he had a terrible hand.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG. "No one has the stones to cold call here." Yeah, it takes a ton of stones to cold call here with a draw just like the huge fish that he probably is. Not everyone is trapping with a monster (which would make no sense to do on this board anyways), most people who flat call are on draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing.. fishes play like that when drawing, so you might be ahead here some of the time... still I don't like QQ here so I'd probably fold
Old 11-18-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG. "No one has the stones to cold call here." Yeah, it takes a ton of stones to cold call here with a draw just like the huge fish that he probably is. Not everyone is trapping with a monster (which would make no sense to do on this board anyways), most people who flat call are on draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tilted so easy?

Either way, given the number of people in the hand the draw and connected board, folding is the only option.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:06 PM

your queens are most likely not good here, and if they are, there's a great chance they wont hold up. Good pot odds mean nothing if you're drawing to 1 clean out. You've said "i have a big pair" as plainly as you can, and noone appears to care. Time to fold.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding is the only option.

[/ QUOTE ]
Riiiiiight.... I took you off ignore in order to see what you had posted in my bluff the turn thread. You had quoted Bobbo saying to fold and added nothing else. I'm putting you back on ignore.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
folding is the only option.

[/ QUOTE ]
Riiiiiight.... I took you off ignore in order to see what you had posted in my bluff the turn thread. You had quoted Bobbo saying to fold and added nothing else. I'm putting you back on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

That bluff was a terrible thought in that hand. Bluff with outs. You had KJ there no draws no anything. You know very often the answers to your own posts. A bluff there would be a horrible desperate attempt at winning that pot. Bobby said it best Fold. Anyway go head and put me back on ignore. I am not quite sure, but am I supposed to care? I mean what did I say, I said folding is the only option? It is correct in the situation i'm afraid. If you think otherwise thats your entitlement, there are many ways to play poker. But in this instance, i think that it is clear that folding is correct....
Old 11-18-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've said "i have a big pair" as plainly as you can

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that this is the second time I've overbet the pot preflop from the big blind in my fairly short time spent at this table, I'm not quite sure that they will believe me.

UTG certainly doesn't believe me, and I have no reason to think that the LAG is a good player. I could certainly see him putting me on a steal and correctly putting UTG on trash. And since he's a bad LAG, he raises a little bit to isolate against UTG, to prevent CO from drawing cheaply, and to force out my overcards. CO's call confused me, but given the size of the pot it's certainly possible he's drawing.

If I go all-in here I only need to win a small percentage of the time to show a profit. I felt like I would be making a mistake to fold if I could come up with any reasonable way that I could be ahead, and I could, so I went all-in.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:32 PM

Even if folding is correct, it is silly to say that it is the only option. And you only bluff with outs? Does that mean you never bluff the river? Just because I have no outs when called, doesn't mean it is not a good bluff. It is a good bluff if he folds often enough to make it +EV. But that is neither here nor there in this thread. And I would care if I were the only person on someone's ignore list. If you don't, then fine.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt like I would be making a mistake to fold if I could come up with any reasonable way that I could be ahead, and I could, so I went all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree. results?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if folding is correct, it is silly to say that it is the only option. And you only bluff with outs? Does that mean you never bluff the river? Just because I have no outs when called, doesn't mean it is not a good bluff. It is a good bluff if he folds often enough to make it +EV. But that is neither here nor there in this thread. And I would care if I were the only person on someone's ignore list. If you don't, then fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would care a lot more if I felt I said something horendously wrong. I have an oppinion you have another. That is the end of it. And it is a bad bluff transparent in everyway, there is defintaly better spots to bluff. That isnt one of them. But alas you were playing him not me so If you trust that he would fold a large % of the time then perhaps it was correct. But from the outside, just reading it, it looks like a bad spot to make a move. Especially at the low level stake where people love to call with garbage....