Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Default 6th street action?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (6.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (15.35 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___???
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Old 08-02-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: 6th street action?

Lol, that's ugly.. looks like you are drawing dead...

Were you up against a huge hand.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM

I probably call because I suck and then get 3bet on 7th when I make my flush and run into his full house.

However, you should be mucking as fast as fast can be. His [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are dead on 3rd so he isnt on a flush draw and he limped then called a completion which probably means mid/small pair.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:32 PM

Tough one, but I think you have to take a shot here and see if you can hit the flush. Pot size is real attractive. His betting action tells me either rolled 7's or a big/mid pair. Big pair you very likely win if the flush comes home - well rolled 7's leads to quads and you can enjoy the spectacle if you lose. If you miss, then it is an easy river fold and you only lose one more big bet. If the 8's were not completly dead, I would very likely fold though.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:39 PM

The 8’s are all accounted for. Unless he’s rolled or would raise split 7’s on 4th, shouldn’t he still be sitting on two pair or some straight/flush draw?

If he has a pair in the hole, he has no more than 4-outs to fill, right?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:25 PM

I think I grit my teeth and make the call here. If you run into quads thats life, but it doesn't make sense for him to have split sevens by the way he played it IMO. Would he raise an ace with just split seves on fourth? Later on we find out that he can't have 8s and 7s on fourth bc all eights are accounted for. Player dependent obviously, but most wont make that raise. This makes me think he has a higher pair in the hole or some straight draw/ flush draw. Anyone see something like 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the hole or some other combination? I think if you hit your flush your hand will be good. I also think spiking an Ace for Aces up *might* be good. If he has something like Kings in the hole than he will probably bet the river and try to represent the FH. The pot will certainly big enough to warrant a call IMHO. Thoughts?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:44 PM

I see no other way to play third. On fourth, I think I call and then three-bet when it gets back to me. You certainly have value there, and three-betting is fun.

I'm not crazy about the raise on fifth street. It's looking like you'll need to hit your flush in order to win, so you want to keep the guy behind you in, not knock him out. You could be up against a full house, in which case you're drawing mighty slim. I think I just call here.

By sixth, you've made the pot plenty big enough that you can't fold now. Especially given that you can account for all of the Eights, I would say that there is more than enough chance that he has a big pair in the hole that you have to see the river and hope for the best. Do you think he could have made that raise on fourth street with split Sevens? That seems very unlikely. About the only things that make sense are quads and a pair in the hole. Of course, even if all he has is the pair in the hole, he can still hit.

If you make your flush on the river, you can only call if he bets. I think you also have to call if you snag an Ace, Queen, or Deuce, although I think the Queen is close (good thing there's only one left). If he checks, you can bet a flush.