Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is racism ever 'okay'?
Yes 28 46.67%
No 32 53.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: GF drug use poll/question/help

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest...its only when you start hearing about the gangbangs that you really have to be worried. Until then, its all smooth sailing, bro.

Dont get your panties in a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2005, 04:47 PM

Honestly, you should take an E pill, bang her out, then smoke some weed and talk about how much fun it was.

That is the answer.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's neither a big deal, nor your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that its none of his business in this specific instance, or in every instance?

If one of your girlfriend's friends told you she used to be a prostitute and then you asked her about it, would you really be ok with her saying that it was none of your business?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I might *want* to know, doesn't make it any of my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're way off on this one clark. that "sounds like" a cool perspective to have, but it's just not practical.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing cool about it though. It's IMO just a very obvious thing. Unless they have a communicable disease, I have no *right* to know anything about a S/O's past. Why on earth would I?

Like I said, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to know, might benefit from knowing, or shouldn't know. But to suggest that one has a *right* to know about someone's personal past, that to me is absurd. It's totally their call what they choose to share.

Besides, I don't know what's impractical about it - it's not like you can force someone to divulge everything in their past you might want to know. To the contrary, I think it's impractical to want or expect someone to share every secret from their personal history with you in case you might now disapprove.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, casual use of e/coke is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain. apparently we're not on the same level her. from a personality/person standpoint, i think it says a lot about a person who takes coke/E for the better part of the year. am i wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that the most addictive drug of them all is alcohol - its the only drug that you can form a strong enough dependency on that they will give it to you in the hospital to keep you alive.

Your girl didn't do anything (except weed) "the better part of year" - she tried some stuff a few times. Don't believe the DARE bullshit that if you snort one line of coke you are now a helpless coke addict for the rest of your life. Clearly your girl has a strong enough mind to be able to try these things and not get in trouble.

Maybe what really bothers you is just that she doesn't share your dogmatic rejection of all "hard" drugs, and that she wanted to see for herself? I suppose this is a legitimate concern, but I think that what you are feeling now is closer to jealousy than anything else. You don't like being reminded that maybe there are possiblities beyond your somewhat narrow view of drugs.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless they have a communicable disease, I have no *right* to know anything about a S/O's past.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is what you are overlooking. The practical part of things. If a woman was a prostitute she will almost ALWAYS have a very very bad strain of cancerous warts. Your significant other will give those to you and she probably will end up dying of cervical cancer.

As far as communicable diseases, you would have to hit the lottery if warts were the only thing she had. Don't forget, that just because someone has herpes, doesn't mean there isn't a far far far worse variety out there. This is information you need to know.

If you dump her or not is your decision. If I was in love I would stay with her but I would be very pissed if she didn't tell me about any of this first. It's a complete lack of trust IMO.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP, loosen up. For chrissakes. See if she can hook you up with a few percosets or something.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to go with shrooms, soma, X, or even weed. The OP also needs to stop believing all of the antidrug propaganda and pick up a medical journal.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's neither a big deal, nor your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that its none of his business in this specific instance, or in every instance?

If one of your girlfriend's friends told you she used to be a prostitute and then you asked her about it, would you really be ok with her saying that it was none of your business?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I might *want* to know, doesn't make it any of my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're way off on this one clark. that "sounds like" a cool perspective to have, but it's just not practical.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing cool about it though. It's IMO just a very obvious thing. Unless they have a communicable disease, I have no *right* to know anything about a S/O's past. Why on earth would I?

Like I said, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to know, might benefit from knowing, or shouldn't know. But to suggest that one has a *right* to know about someone's personal past, that to me is absurd. It's totally their call what they choose to share.

Besides, I don't know what's impractical about it - it's not like you can force someone to divulge everything in their past you might want to know. To the contrary, I think it's impractical to want or expect someone to share every secret from their personal history with you in case you might now disapprove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is his "right" to set the conditions under which their relationship can continue including knowledge of her past drug use and future drug use.

Bythe way, I think your posts are generally pretty funny.

Many
Old 08-13-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To the OP, loosen up. For chrissakes. See if she can hook you up with a few percosets or something.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

because a medical journal will say year of coke + E = inhanced brain power?

I was going to go with shrooms, soma, X, or even weed. The OP also needs to stop believing all of the antidrug propaganda and pick up a medical journal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2005, 05:25 PM

i think this girl needs to be the one dumping you.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:26 PM

You had probably better break it off whatever OOT thinks, because your resentment and mistrust are going to poison the relationship now anyway.