Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Two KK hands

[ QUOTE ]
9 handed - you have no ace % that no other player has an ace. 20.14%.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't 9-handed, it's 4-handed. The others folded preflop and are irrelevant when the ace hits.

Later,
Che
Old 04-07-2005, 03:41 PM

Hand One, I'd never fold the river at this level of the rebuy. Ppl show all kinds of crap in that tourney. If he has me beat, no big deal, I'll just do a double rebuy. Maybe that's wrong, I dunno, but I'm not folding. No way. The first hour is for gambling it up and building a stack. For me anyway.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This isn't 9-handed, it's 4-handed. The others folded preflop and are irrelevant when the ace hits.

Later,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]

That does drastically change the figure, I assumed this was a figure that you use for total hands dealt , not total players in hand. I guess I was wrong, thank you for clearing that up.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:59 PM

If hand 1 is a rebuy, I might call on the river, not to gamble it up, but because my opponent may be gambling it up.

In a rebuy, I would have bet more on every street, partly because I am likley to be called, and partly to because it will be hard to get away from the hand if someone draws out on me.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Hand 1 was against Jennicide. This was the first hand of the tourney and I have never played against her. I've read some of her post, so it might have been a semi bluff based on her style of play. However, my gut told me I was beat, so I went on instinct.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a rebuy, I would have bet more on every street, partly because I am likley to be called, and partly to because it will be hard to get away from the hand if someone draws out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just re-read this and am puzzled. You'd rather be pot committed to a potential losing hand than price the chasers to draw but still be able to laydown if they hit?

Is this just because it was rebuy or in general?

I went into the tank and seriously considered calling her but hated the idea of rebuying on the second hand. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9 handed - you have no ace % that no other player has an ace. 20.14%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Later,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]

not neccessarily. if you assume "every player will play any ace" (wrong, but not too wrong in a rebuy) then you definitely have to consider how many people were dealt in.

even if you don't make that ridiculous assumption, you still do. if you're playing 4-handed and everyone limps, the hands aren't neccessarily good, whereas if four players (including the blinds) limp 11-handed, the hands should be better and have more aces.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:21 PM

Hand 1:
Consider betting the total size of the pot or more. 200 into a 270 pot with 2 clubs on board makes it all too tempting to call by someone who's holding 2 clubs in their hand. Especially in a rebuy tourney.

The bet on the turn is potentially undersized as well, but I think it makes the point and tells you all that you need to know.

I do think you have to fold on the river though.

Hand 2: You're almost guaranteed to be facing an A from at least one of them. It looks like another fold to me.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just re-read this and am puzzled. You'd rather be pot committed to a potential losing hand than price the chasers to draw but still be able to laydown if they hit?

Is this just because it was rebuy or in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a rebuy people will likely call, so I want to get a lot of money in preflop.

Early in a rebuy, I love calling raises with small pair or connecting cards. People will inevitably put me allin with their overpair versus my straight or set.

With everyone playing loose, it will be difficult to get away from an overpair, so I don't want to give myself negative implied odds by not getting enough money in preflop.

When I get KK preflop in a rebuy, I am not looking to get away from it. In a rebuy, how are you going to know if someone hits their draw? They might put you allin with top pair when you have an overpair.