Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Sweat me as I write my 3000 word paper - All nighter!

I hope "ergo" and "henceforth" make an appearance into the report
Old 11-30-2005, 02:58 AM

wheretofor, whyfor, thusly should also make appearances (not really sure if those are all really words).
Old 11-30-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently on word 350 of 3000. It is currently 12:25am EST, and the paper is due at 2pm EST. Help me get through the night with words of encouragment, or just call me a [censored] for waiting until the last minute.

The paper is on the future of water transportation in the Greenpoint-Williamsburg area in Brooklyn.

I took my first No-Doz at approx 11:45pm after getting a little tired, and I feel like i could run a [censored] marathon right now!

I'll check back in about 90 minutes. Thanks OOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] like this makes me glad I go to Northeastern and I am currently on co-op. In my case this consists of 20 hours a week of "work" (more like 12) and way too much free time for drinking and other activities.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope "ergo" and "henceforth" make an appearance into the report

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never written an essay without them, and I never will. Also, I am ending it with a haiku.

(The title is "The Influence of International Law on the U.S. Supreme Court's Decision in Roper v. Simmons (OR: The Influence of International Law on Antonin Scalia's Blood Pressure))
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 AM

Update #2

I'm at 825 words, and I'm suffering from some major ADHD. For once, I'm actually not looking at OOT every 5 seconds, but my mind is on everything except this paper, including, but not limited to, playing some Halo 2, the smell that seems to be coming from my ass, having sex with women, taking another No-Doz even though I still feel like I could run a marathon, saving every 3 words and hoping my computer doesn't crash, the yankees putting jeter in center, and many other things not related to my paper. I'm thinking that there is no way this thing is getting longer than 2500 words, for my paragraphs are usually short and to the point, but a couple of well placed photos and graphs should extend the length a bit. My professor is a crazy quaker (seriously) and might actually count the words though.

I'd like to point out that my roommate is pulling his 2nd straight all nighter in a row (silly CS majors), and is also currently 'high' on the No-Doz.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Update #2

I'm at 825 words, and I'm suffering from some major ADHD. For once, I'm actually not looking at OOT every 5 seconds, but my mind is on everything except this paper, including, but not limited to, playing some Halo 2, the smell that seems to be coming from my ass, having sex with women, taking another No-Doz even though I still feel like I could run a marathon, saving every 3 words and hoping my computer doesn't crash, the yankees putting jeter in center, and many other things not related to my paper. I'm thinking that there is no way this thing is getting longer than 2500 words, for my paragraphs are usually short and to the point, but a couple of well placed photos and graphs should extend the length a bit. My professor is a crazy quaker (seriously) and might actually count the words though.

I'd like to point out that my roommate is pulling his 2nd straight all nighter in a row (silly CS majors) , and is also currently 'high' on the No-Doz.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to say, that sounds pretty normal, but then again Im a cs/cg double major, so I guess we're just all that way.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am currently on word 2600 of a 4000 word paper on the early dissention of the Mormon Church [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I started it yesterday and it's due tomorrow at 9am [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] GD, I hate joseph smith! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

<font color="white"> stupid mormons </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugggg 3200 words and pretty much out of actual content to write about. I need 800 words of fluff [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done and done. Suprisingly easy to make subtle Mormon jokes for 800 words. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Awwwww sleeeeeeepyyyyyyy
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 AM

I seriously sucked ass the second year of college so I took a semester off and when I go back, I think I'm vowing to not pull any all-nighters, because I seriously know exactly what you're talking about. I think it's the caffeine that kills you though, because it's such a hit of stimulation that your brain goes into overdrive. I also have no idea what I'm talking about, but whenever I pulled an all-nighter and drank red bull and all that BS, I could never sit still and actually write the goddamn paper. It was awful.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 AM

I wish I could help you guys, I actually enjoy writing papers (I know) and can write fluff that sounds good but is actually about nothing for hours on end. I made pretty good money popping papers like that out in about 2 hours or so.

Oh well...
Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Update #2

I'd like to point out that my roommate is pulling his 2nd straight all nighter in a row (silly CS majors), and is also currently 'high' on the No-Doz.

[/ QUOTE ]

My job entails working up to 120 hrs a week. The trick to running on 3 hrs of sleep a night for weeks on end is to exercise and to not overdose on the caffeine. Your reaction is common when people take too much caffeine. You brain cannot focus b/c it is too active. I suggest going for walk or run outside and trying to burn off a little of the excess energy. It will calm you down and you can plan out the paper at the same time.

I know about this [censored]. I had to write my 60 page thesis in 2 days. That [censored] was [censored] hard, but it simply requires focus.

You can do it.

holla.