Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Borg Trip Report 6/30-7/1

OK...my first time doing one of these so please bear with me.....

I was able to bust out of work in NYC on Thursday about 4PM so I headed down to the Borgata for my unofficial quarterly poker night (as permitted by my wife!!!). My buddy E was meeting me down there later. I was sitting at the 10/20 table by 7:30. There were a couple of TAGs (maybe 2+2) , a few moderate players, and one tourist/horrible player. This fella sat immediately to my right, but that did not matter. This guy would play almost every hand and I was able to see his cards as I was in the 8 seat and he picked them up off the table. I reminded him to protect his hand...but that did not matter. He kept doing it. Because I could see his cards, I noticed that he liked to bluff raise the turn and river any chance he got. He also liked to try and steal my blinds if he was on the button and it was folded to him. I caught on to this and warned him about raising my blinds, then I just kept re-raising him. One hand in particular was funny. I am in the SB with T7o and he has tried to steal my blinds a few times. I have seen him raise PF with such beauties as K2o, 67o, and 48o. You get the idea. It is folded to him and of course he raises. I re-raise. BB folds. He calls. Flop comes QT4 rainbow. I bet. He calls. Turn is 3. I bet, he raises, I re-raise. He mutters and calls. River is an Ace. No flush possibility. I bet. He raises. I just call. He turns over 99 and MHIG. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I loved this guy. He reloaded a couple of times then finally busted out. I finished a four hour session up about 12BB.

I took a break to get a bite and shoot the breeze with my boy E who was playing 1/2NL and was up about $80. He told me he was going to start boozing it up and try to loosen up his table full of rocks. I decided to do something similar, as I dropped down to 3/6 and started pounding Coronas.

I have a ball playing 3-6, chatting it up at the table and keeping everyone loose while still playing my TAG game. I was card dead the 1st few hours and tables were breaking down until there wewre only 2 3/6 tables left. I think the dealers were appreciating my standard AA gets you a red chip rule that I was telling them about. I got AA twice and gladly toked the dealer a red each time. One time I only won the blinds..I still toked them the red (cost me money...lol) But it really loosened the table up. Lots of folks calling down with 2nd pair no kicker. My buddy E came and joined us about 4AM after he busted out of his NL game. We play until 6 and I pack it in up a total of $380 for the night...not too bad.

My buddy is telling me how he wants to play in the $500 Friday tourney, but is a bit short. Since I had a good night, I told him I would give him $100 in exchange for 20% of his winnings. (Now E is an OK player, but I was pretty sure he would not money) So I wrote it off the $100. No big deal.

The next morining I have to leave by 2PM, so we check out, grab some breakfast, and I hit the 6/12 at about 11:30AM. E goes to play the tourney.

The first hand I am UTG with AA. What a way to start the day. They hold up and I win 2 of the first hands dealt on this short handed table. It takes about an hour but the table finally fills up. No hand of any particular note, but I hold my own and win another $210 in about 2 hours. I get ready to leave, so I check on my buddy E and he is the chipleader in the 3rd round. No too bad.

I leave. E calls me at 6PM to tell me that he finished 4th place for a score of $2,600. Sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So I end up $590 plus the $400 or so from E (He's keeping a bit for taxes and dealer tip.)

Not a bad couple of days.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Borg Trip Report 6/30-7/1

I finished 3rd in this tourney, your friend played pretty well. Here is my tourney report
Old 07-04-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finished 3rd in this tourney, your friend played pretty well. Here is my tourney report

[/ QUOTE ]

"These two bad bad BAD players chop it up"

Yea, it sounds like you were really impressed by his friends play.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"These two bad bad BAD players chop it up"

Yea, it sounds like you were really impressed by his friends play.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn to read:

[ QUOTE ]
E calls me at 6PM to tell me that he finished 4th place for a score of $2,600.

[/ QUOTE ]