Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: A previously \"well-respected\" MTT cheating team...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That is a difference that I don't think conflicts with the spirit of the game. I could get the same information if I sat and watched a live table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. But PokerTracker makes it so you don't have to do that piece of work. Thus, it potentially removes one more element of skill from the game. If you play stud online, there are programs that record the dead cards for you. You could learn to do this yourself, but it takes substantial effort and practice. Is it okay to use these programs? People debate this in the stud forums.

This doesn't even mention the real power of PokerTracker, as I understand it, which is its ability to observe multiple tables that you aren't playing at and record information about those players. Could you watch four tables simultaneously and keep track of every raise, every time each player entered the pot, and remember every player that all of this was associated with, forever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man...I do not disagree with you at all. You are right..and by virtue of the fact that poker is now in a technology accessable arena...technological advantages certainly exist or are created.

The fact of the matter though...live you can gather information, online you can as well. Both equal playing fields as far as access to info. Live...can I calculate odds and/or track dead cards, yes and I can do that online as well. Sure...technology makes this much easier online for some...but we all have access to this.

Live, can I discuss my hand with another player during a hand, no. Can I discuss hands with players at other tables while in a hand, no. Can we get together after and discuss our hands...sure. We all must adhere to these rules and/or ethics. We should adhere to them online as well...in the spirit of the game. I dunno...call me a purist I guess.

My other thought on "tracking other players stats"....personally, I would much rather evaluate a players play right in front of me. I would hate to be mislead by short term innaccurate numbers. If you can't figure a player out across the table from you...I guess maybe PT is better than nothing.