Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Saw this on another forum

[ QUOTE ]
Quick funny story.

Playin tonight on Party and there is some lighthearted jabbering going on. Unfortunately for me..I am missing left and right and everyone else is hitting turn and river when I have anything.

Anyway, one guy is talkin smack and a new player sits down at table. He keeps talking and I mention something about pokertracker...and to pull up his stats and ill book vs. book (wager my stats are better) for $100. Anyway, the new player chimes in...says, "whats that?" etc. I explain the challenge and he is like...oh, whats your BB/100. (He has pokertracker too) I tell him. Really?? he says...we trade a few stats here and there and finally he says.. "Can I tell you something"...I say sure. "I actually followed you to the table".

Apparently, this person had me on their buddy list as a LAG with a fish aftertaste [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He said we only played a couple hundred hands...I don't remember of course because he changed his screename and wouldn't tell me. Anyway, I was up $28 on him total apparently. He was talking about 2+2 forums...asking if I posted on a forum, etc. I jokingly said yes...and you talking to the "POY" LOLOL.

Anyway, we exchanged some chat about pokertracker, stats, forums, etc. He did say that my play was confusing because it didn't reflect the notes he had. He must have caught me in crazy loose aggressive mode, which I go into when I am running over a table. Today was a bunch of calling stations so I was a little tighter.

Anyway, thought the whole things was pretty funny. I was on somones "fish list"...although I am sure it probably wasn't the first...and probably won't be the last!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'll tell you this though...my BB/hr and BB/100 were more than double his....go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tap the glass.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Saw this on another forum

I don't know the fish in limit coz I play NL, In nl sometime I note the player "fish" then after winning him much money and diasppear for a month or so, when I see him again he have become a normal-good player, so note not 100% right. In pokerstar the 2/4 and 5/10 alway have person like this......may be 2+2 help them or they have read the book.

Sometime I like do something wrong/stupid in a few hand when deep stake and it can make ppl thinking u r a fish becaue ppl alway thinking the deep stake is a good player, if u do something stupid or chat something stupid when u have deep stake so u can confuse players.(and I hope ppl note me fish)
Old 01-17-2005, 11:51 PM

What a fu[/b]cking moron. Whenever someone is talking about PT or 2+2 I send them an invite telling them to shut the fu[/b]ck up.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:34 AM

Well...I was alerted that someone cross posted my post onto 2+2. So here I am...the original person who posted the initial post in my regular forum. I am not sure why that was posted here other than the fact that I mentioned that my opponent was telling me about 2+2 and had me on their fish list. Well..I have known about this forum for many years, have played poker for 10...and split my time between RGP and another forum.

Anyway, I have thought about spending some time over here as there are many very good players with great insight. I think I was cross posted though to point out something about me being fishy, etc. Well, my name here is the same as my name on party, and if you think you can bring my 9.23 bb/hr down a notch, you know how to find me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2005, 04:52 AM

No, it was your free talking about PT that was out of line. It defeats the purspose of you having it if you tell everyone. You lose your edge really easy that way.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:03 AM

So is that as bad or worse than your member tell me all about 2+2. These things are no secret. I can give you every arrow I got and I'll even hand you the bow. But if you only have one arm...how the hell are you gonna shoot anyway. The only really bad thing about talking about PT, is that it might relieve our fishies of 55 that might otherwise have ended up in my pocket..
Old 01-23-2005, 05:06 AM

You know what though...when all is said and done, you are right. Sometimes I think a lot would be accomplished if I just took away my own chat.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a fu[/b]cking moron. Whenever someone is talking about PT or 2+2 I send them an invite telling them to shut the fu[/i]ck up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-23-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I have thought about spending some time over here as there are many very good players with great insight. I think I was cross posted though to point out something about me being fishy, etc. Well, my name here is the same as my name on party, and if you think you can bring my 9.23 bb/hr down a notch, you know how to find me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMFOA!!

You're hilarious buddy.

Oh ya ...

... and you're a f[/i]ucking moron. The fact that you don't understand why we're calling you a moron means that you *should* be on everyone's "fish list."

Adam
Old 01-23-2005, 01:47 PM

why cant players be content with their winning...but no they have to tell players why and blah blah [censored] blah blah. next time just tell him its your first day and that you got lucky.